Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

accushadow accuracy issues

44stevenson

I was at the range the other day testing some ammo shooting 3 inch dots at 7 yrds and I had an issue with some wild flyers that were off target by 3 or 4 inchs. I was taking my time shooting my accushadow which ive only shot a few hundred rounds through. I didn't think it was an ammp issue so I got my m&p out and was shooting prefect with it. Am I just flinching that bad?

No, it's not you. It's the weapon. I'll take it off your hands for much less money....just because I'm a good Christian. :devil:

Honestly, it would be hard to tell. I will say that some guns don't like certain ammo. I'd try different loads and also run it in single action mode if you are not used to the double action break.

My first double action pull was usually off and I know thats me. My da pull is 5.5 lbs and sa pull is 3.5 lbs I wish it was lighter as my m&p is 3.0 lbs. When I got the gun in from cz custom it was a terrible trigger and it was supposed to be the top of the line sp-01 job. I had a different cz pro shooter get it to where it is now.

If you are mildly mechanically inclined and run reloads (Federal Primers) you can get those DA/SA numbers down. Cajun Gun Works has some nice reduced trigger springs and mainspring parts.

I hope if you are were not happy with CZ Custom stuff you mentioned it to them and allowed them to make it right. They seem to be pretty good "dudes".

My first double action pull was usually off and I know thats me. My da pull is 5.5 lbs and sa pull is 3.5 lbs I wish it was lighter as my m&p is 3.0 lbs. When I got the gun in from cz custom it was a terrible trigger and it was supposed to be the top of the line sp-01 job. I had a different cz pro shooter get it to where it is now.

any chance you called the shop to see about having the trigger re-done? what did the paperwork say the trigger was?

You can order custom springs or you can clip the stock springs. Clip the firing pin spring by 2 or 3 coils. Clip the 15# hammer spring by 3 coils and use federal primers. Tweak the trigger return spring by bending it to the rear past the vertical position.

Order these springs from CGW:

Reduced power trigger return spring

Reduced power firing pin return spring

11.5# hammer spring

You might as well throw in an extended firing pin while you're at it. Take two of these and call me in the morning :)

I just got these to install in my SP01. Curious to see how it runs.

Got the CGW comp hammer and adjustable sear in my open gun,cz custom extended firing pin CGW reduced firing pin spring,CGW reduced trigger spring,8.5 hammer spring.trigger breaks at a clean crisp 1.5 lbs and is 100% reliable with federal primers