I would not like shooting them

near or far.

I would not like shooting them

anywhere.

I do not like shooting

Tricky Triangles

I do not like shooting them,

Charles-I-am

Bahaha i really choked on those. Went to the sight in range and was 2 moa to the right.

*Apologies to Dr. Seuss

War Sport will be running a side stage where shooters will get a chance to shoot the LVOA. Each participant in the side stage will be entered to win 500rds of .223 Black Hills FMJ. Chance at free ammo for trying out a gun...sounds good to me!

5WSpromo.jpg

What is an LVOA?

Low visibility operations application ( weird acronym)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Good match. Great staff. I like the total time scoring even though it has hurt me in the past. Rewards consistency. Some tough stages but not anything impossibly. Thanks to freedom especially for the ammo for the fifty. And to charles, steve and all the staff.

What's everyone think of the total time match scoring?

I don't care for it. Here's why. I had gun troubles. Borrowed a shotgun and it didn't go well. Shot a 50 second stage in 100 seconds. The winning time was roughly 403 seconds. That 50% stage is about a 12% hit in the overall match total possible top score if my math is correct which it may not be. Had the match used stage points that same 50 seconds or 50% of the top stage time would have resulted in a loss of 50 stage points out of a possible 900 match points or roughly 5.5%. So the total time stuff really rewards consistency and really hurts badly when something goes wrong. From a stage design standpoint it is crucial to keep all stage times within 10-20% of each other IMHO or the small stages don't mean a thing. The one thing I do like about it is that it's easy to keep track of how your doing cumulatively versus your squad mates. Just keep adding or subtracting the time difference each stage.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Did your Stoger lay down on you? What happened?

It never stood up. When I went to put it together after traveling I found the OEM tube got loose somehow. I'm guessing it might be from the ten times I heated up the receiver with my Dremel tool opening up the load port.

A really fun match. I will be back again next year for sure. Thank you to all the sponsors and especially Freedom Munitions. Those guys are a class act and have earned new customers for sure. I am one of them.

We really do have a great sport!

Well that plain sucks. Mikey and I have some ideas on the occasional ejection issue and it my benefit Remmys as well. I'm curious if the gauge will fit it or can be made to and I found out the rapid release tab works on them as well so it now works on Benelli, Beretta, and Stoger.

As for total time, I'm not a fan for the reasons ready stated, but it should be tracked as it is a great tool to compare between divisions. The end results should always be normalized to 100 stage points I.M.O.

What's everyone think of the total time match scoring?

Unless the stages are similar in length Ive never been a fan. Having 80 second stages followed by 10 second stages makes some stuff trivial. You could be literally 2x as fast as someone on a stage and still be behind by leaps and bounds if you were 20% behind on a long stage. Ive played it to my advantage and Ive had it bite me in the ass.

Similarly if you use points and are running 10-15 second stages a single malfunction can drop you by tons.

They both have pros and cons, but I think the points system is typically a better representation of a persons overall match. I remember shooting a 2 gun match once and shot 3 long stages fantastically. The next day there were 4-5 short stages and I dropped the ball on almost all of them and did terrible. I still finished 2nd overall because there was no way for people to make up the amount of time needed to catch me. The split in average stage times was just too great (200 second stages and 30 second stages in the same match).

Thank you to Charles, Steve, the RO's and the sponsors for a great match. There was a good mix of natural terrain as well as bays, and it was nice to see a fair amount of long range rifle mixed in. Stage 7 was definitely the most challenging for me, shooting the triangles at 200 yards with a 4 MOA Aimpoint was tricky, and it felt good to only leave one plate standing (and not time out). What was the size on those triangles anyways?

As far as the total time format goes, initially, I thought I disliked it, but as others have mentioned I think it rewards the most consistent shooters.

I would also agree that it requires more balance in stage times. The classifiers were the equivalent of a penalty on another stage.

Well that isn't exactly what is ment by a 4 moa target. A 4 moa circle at that range is about 50 square inches, an 8"X8" square is 64" square, but a 8" triangle is only 32" square.... that is around a 2.7 moa target. That is no more a 4 moa target than an 8" tall 1/2" wide strip would be a 4 Mao target

Great match, thanks to Charles and the whole RM, RO, setup and stats crew. I shot my worst at this match since I started playing the game a few years ago, but still ended up with $200 cert for X-treme bullets- which I just happen to use! The golf carts are a pain and added expense, but Charles uses the whole of Clinton House to make for a great match (if this and 3GN SE regional are any indication!) so they are a necessary evil.

Yeah, those triangles were a surprise. We looked over the stages the day before, got ranges, etc. but did not notice the triangles vs circles on the other plate racks. I was first in our squad and it was not until I got to that rack that I realized what I was looking at. Then the triangles did not completely disappear when hit so they just looking like slightly smaller triangles- wasted 8 or 10 shots on the 4 I had down already but thought they were still up. That was small compared to my own failings though and I learned from it, go prone if you can- those make flashers feel like barn doors :)

Thanks to the sponsors! Of course Freedom Munitions and Xtreme Bullets jump to mind the most with the Ma Duece and huge support on the prize table. Was also great to get to talk to the VP about the sport, how much their heavy sponsorship has meant and how many people I have seen change over to using their ammo and bullets in both 3 gun and USPSA.

Adams Arms- thanks for the sub-gun on the stage and War Sport, really enjoyed shooting your SBR- that is a great shooting gun and I know those 2 that won the ammo were plenty happy! Spectre Targets of course had steel all over the place. Take a look at the website and match book and you can see there are a lot of sponsors- thanks to a number of others I saw on the prize table (the guns were long gone before I was in there though :) ) Lancer, Gatorz, Invictus (I love their shell holders), Brownells, NRA, AP Custom, Italian Gun Grease and many others. Thank them!

Did your Stoger lay down on you? What happened?

It never stood up. When I went to put it together after traveling I found the OEM tube got loose somehow. I'm guessing it might be from the ten times I heated up the receiver with my Dremel tool opening up the load port.

Get a die grinder and you can screw up ten times faster that with a Dremel.