Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

arched mainspring housing. do people still use them?

Sandbagger123

i have been playing with my 2011. it a great gun, but for me, it seems to naturally point low a little. i have the same problem with other guns. it must be my wrist or something.

it now has the flat mainspring housing. i was thinking of getting a arched one. will this help my pointability issue? alos, its got a Dawson ice magwell on it now. is there a specific one that will work with it, or any one will do.

Thanks for the help from a newbie 2011 guy.

I put a S&A arched on my colt and it points a lot better for me naturally now whereas with my Sig I had to concisely cant my wrist a little otherwise would point low. But having said that I used to shoot very well weak hand with the Sig which has a flat mainspring housing and I needed a little work to get used to the arched on the colt shooting weak hand. I have long fingers and the arched gives me a slightly better trigger finger placement. Recommend you test one on someones gun before purchasing however.

To add another variable you can also try a ramped mainspring housing. I bought one to lift the angle on my 2011 Edge however my hands are not very big so I had to change back to a flat mainspring housing so I could get enough finger on the trigger. I have a 1911 STI Target Master on its way to me, I will try the ramped mainspring housing in that. All good fun. Cheers.

For me, flat on IPSC or holster guns, arched on Bullseye pistols. I hold a 1911 differently, depending on which game and one MS housing works better than the other for each sport.

It's entirely up to you and which fits your grip better. Try 'em both!

Mark