Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USP 9mm expert

twister

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am not running the expert, but I do shoot my HK USP Elite in .45 quite a bit. I use it in USPA and Steel Challenge. Usually for USPSA I run Limited 10. It is a great, reliable and accurate pistol. The real only draw back I have found is there is not quite the aftermarket support you see with the more commonly used pistols. I know my elite does not fit in most USP holsters. But the Expert might be a different story. I am however very glad I have added it to my collection and I will not be selling it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The older ones came with the bobbed hammer. New production BC dated coded and later don't have them. Not sure why they changed that as last I checked this gun was still aimed towards competition use.

I have gone back and forth with buying an expert so many times now. Even now I try to convince myself to get one, but then I look at it and I have second thoughts. It would need the bobbed hammer just to be prod. legal and there is still the problem of it having horrible ergonomics. I remain torn.

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly do you mean by horrible ergos ?!?!

I don't own an expert but I have pretty much all the rest of the HK lineup...

seems to me their layouts are all pretty much all the same.

FWIW - You can easily switch to the bobbed hammer in a few minutes with the right part from HK...

• 2 weeks later...

I posted the strings below on the HK forum when someone asked about putting a LEM Match Trigger in their Expert. I did that and went a bit further to make it a fun and capable game gun. I post under MGF98382.

See what you think and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/200848-has-anyone-else-put-lem-trigger-expert.html

2ppm3iv.jpg

2n9flv.jpg

8z4f2q.jpg

2yn3ytl.jpg

• 1 year later...

I picked up an expert in 40 today. Chose the 40 as I enjoy shooting "major" in the local events. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. No range time as of yet but the trigger feels very very nice and it fits my existing USP holsters with just a bit of slide protruding from the muzzle end.