Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Shooting Goals

B.J. Norris

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i almost accomplished my 2005 goal, it was to make M in open division. i came within .3 of a percent, 84.7% isn't too bad.

matt cheely, your #4 goal was not met. you converted to the dark side.

kat, maybe a thread should be made for 2006 goals.

Well at least you know what's going to be #1 for 2006, heh? :)

I'll make the thread, in the middle of December! I believe we need to give everyone this last month to continue trying to reach their 2005 goals before making new ones.

I didn't make it and am still within a couple percent of where I was last year for IPSC. My steel times have continued to drop and I am more consistent but just have not been able to practice enough and have only shot about 60% of the matches I did in 2004 due to work.

I did finally make an Area match and my area percentage was within a couple percent of my classification percentage. That tells my I am solid...or stuck. One of the two.

1) Shoot "B" class match scores. (open and limited)

2) Obtain my final classification...in production.

3) Move up to "B" in L-10 and revolver.

4) Shoot Area 5 (handgun and 3 gun), Buckeye, Nationals, Michigan State (hand gun and 3 gun), and World Shoot. Shoot all the IPSC clubs in our state (MI).

5) Win my class at one of the above.

6) Officiate at most of the above.

7) Have Fun!!! :D

Jeff

1) Did not shoot Open or Limited all year :( Not enough time!!!

2) Got my classification in Production.

3) Moved up to B in Revo...Still working on L-10.

4) Shot everything but Nationals and World Shoot, but I also added Summer Blast and Area 2. Saw all the clubs in my section this year.

5) I won my class once this year.

6) Worked all the matches listed that I shot.

7) Had a frickin' blast!!!

Now for 2006...

Jeff

Edited by Barrettone

1) Win Limited Div at 3 Gun Nats and Tactical at Rocky Mtn 3 gun;

2) Prepare for 2006 IPSC World Rifle Championship in Standard Div.;

3) Get GM card in Limited Pistol;

4) Beat TGO in at least one of his DrillMaster drills (this may be the loftiest goal of all);

5) defeat the forces of international Islamic fascism.;

6) defeat Jerry Miculek by .8 point in anything.

1) done at the 3 Gun Nats, close but no cigar at RM3G;

2) cancelled?;

3) came within striking distance and then shot a bunch of mid 80s classifiers :angry:

4) set 9 records at the 2005 Drillmaster Nationals in Limited but failed to take TGO down since he did not count his scores;

5) still working on it but it'll happen;

6) my vengence for my stinging 2005 SMM3G He-Man defeat is still pending. Jerry we will meet again (in a non revolver match!).

:D

4) Shoot Area 5 (handgun and 3 gun), Buckeye, Nationals, Michigan State (hand gun and 3 gun), and World Shoot. Shoot all the IPSC clubs in our state (MI).

Jeff

4) Shot everything but Nationals and World Shoot, but I also added Summer Blast and Area 2. Saw all the clubs in my section this year.

Now for 2006...

Jeff

Jeff, even though it wasn't on your goals list you should be pleased with your accomplishment as MD of the Targeting Education match. Very nicely done.

G in Lim.

Well, it's been a long strange year, and I didn't make it. Eyes are coming back, and once they are 100%, Katie bar the door!!!!

But I am home, and just shot a 107% with borrowed gear on CM99-33. Once I get settled in, the "G" is #1 order of business. Then it's being a COMPETITIVE G. That's something else entirely.

B)

Finish gathering equipment to play this game again (got the pistol, now need mags, leather, bag, Dillon w/ goodies, etc, etc)....

Mostly done. Just need a timer :)

Rejoin USPSA and get classified.

Made best effort, so far. I have one more match to shoot this year - I don't know if the classifier will make it in on time, or not. I'd be classified now, if it weren't for the home club shooting the same classifier twice in three months :wacko:

Got the rest of the stuff rolling. Goals for this next year are already spun up, and work on them begins today. Yeehaw!

Jeff

Now for 2006...

Jeff

Jeff, even though it wasn't on your goals list you should be pleased with your accomplishment as MD of the Targeting Education match. Very nicely done.

Thanks Dave...You are too kind.

Jeff

I have ONE very simple shooting goal for 2005 and that is to actually shoot up to my ability 100% of the time.

My non-gun, but shooting related goal is to become a CRO and then start becoming a Range Master.

My totally non-shooting goal is to survive going back to a *real* college with kids young enough to be my own children!

Looking back over 2005, I have to admit that I'm really surprised how sucky a year it was! And even though I moved, again, and bought a new house, and moved, again I was actually able to accomplish two of these goals. I became a CRO and I survived a semester of taking Freshmen gen ed classes.

I had a good year shooting, but I don't think I shot at 100% of my abilities all year. I'm still sorely disappointed about my performance at the Nationals and am still trying to work it out in my brain as to how I could have screwed up that badly!

As a goal though, that one probably wasn't a good one. I need to make measurable goals for next year!