Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320 in stock at Powder Valley!

gregshin

My order of N320 was to be delivered today. I knew I had to sign for it since it shipped FedEx Haz.Mat. What I did not know was I could not have it held at FedEx for pickup. It has to be delivered to the ship to address. Unless the delivery is after 5PM it looks like it will be returned to Powder Valley. What a bunch of shiznit.

My order of N320 was to be delivered today. I knew I had to sign for it since it shipped FedEx Haz.Mat. What I did not know was I could not have it held at FedEx for pickup. It has to be delivered to the ship to address. Unless the delivery is after 5PM it looks like it will be returned to Powder Valley. What a bunch of shiznit.

I've had FedEx hold a HazMat shipment for me earlier this year so just call them and tell them that's what you want to do.

Have your tracking number ready and CALL them on the telephone. They cannot do this over the Internet.

Also note that the location they will hold the package at will not be a retail type location, but instead an out of way sorting center that you probably never knew existed. I had to go through three layers of security to get inside the building and then there was simply a girl sitting a desk in the middle of a large warehouse area. She acted like nobody had ever stopped by to pick up a package before but it was all pre-arranged per my phone call to FedEx.

Good Luck... Maybe next time you can have the package sent to your work place unless you work in a Federal building... that would probably be a bad idea.

I missed the 1st attempt of my FedEx driver to drop off some powder last week. That was on a Friday at about 11am. The following monday, he stopped by at 7pm.

When I signed for the package, he explained to me that he intentionally made me the last stop on his route to help ensure that I could sign for it.

That's pretty awesome in my book. Will have a gift card for him come Xmas time.

I've had FedEx hold a HazMat shipment for me earlier this year so just call them and tell them that's what you want to do.

Have your tracking number ready and CALL them on the telephone. They cannot do this over the Internet.

Also note that the location they will hold the package at will not be a retail type location, but instead an out of way sorting center that you probably never knew existed. I had to go through three layers of security to get inside the building and then there was simply a girl sitting a desk in the middle of a large warehouse area. She acted like nobody had ever stopped by to pick up a package before but it was all pre-arranged per my phone call to FedEx.

Good Luck... Maybe next time you can have the package sent to your work place unless you work in a Federal building... that would probably be a bad idea.

I tried to do this with some powder that had shipped Fed Ex HazMat. The nice person at Fed Ex arranged it, all was set and I was to pick it up at the depot the next day. Before I could get over there it showed up at the house. Fortunately someone was home to sign for it. I much prefer UPS as they will just leave it at the door. I work an odd schedule so can be home during the day sometimes. But it still makes it a giant pain.

Had the same problem with FedEx. I tried tracking the shipment after I noticed it seemed to be late. They stated that they attempted delivery but I did not get a notice or anything. Next day, stayed home and waited and no delivery. Checked the website again and it stated they attempted delivery again but no one home. I called them and they said they would tell the driver and make a note. All this time, I never received a door note. I waited the next day around the same delivery time and same thing happened. Being pretty pissed at this time, I called back and wanted some firm answers. I was finally transferred to the local office and asked them about it. The guy found it at the warehouse waiting for me so I went down and picked it up. I told them he must have been going to the wrong house as I never got a note. They said they would pass it on and I got my powder. So, they should hold it for you and the local warehouse that I went to was open until 2000 hours so the extended hours are nice if you have a busy schedule.

I had a similar issue, waited at home till the end of the delivery day and the FedEx web tracking site rolled the delivery to the next day. Fortunately I was able to be at home the next morning when it arrived. I'm still ecstatic to see some N320 after waiting 10 months though.