Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My load data for 40 Open

fuentesd99

I thought I would share my load data with everyone on here. All OAL are either 1.125 or 1.130. Also I used two guns for these, my G22 and G35, both are comped and they are what I use for shooting Open.

Here is what I got: ALL bullets are Rainier Ballistics.

165gr 6.0 AutoComp PF165

165gr 6.2 AutoComp PF168

165gr 6.4 AutoComp PF173

165gr 6.5 AutoComp PF177

165gr 6.8 AutoComp PF184

135gr 8.0 AutoComp PF159

135gr 8.2 AutoComp PF164

135gr 8.4 AutoComp PF169

155gr 7.0 AutoComp PF174

155gr 7.2 AutoComp PF177

155gr 7.2 VV3N37 PF168

155gr 7.4 VV3N37 PF171

155gr 7.6 VV3N37 PF180

155gr 7.3 Silhouette PF171

155gr 7.6 Silhouette PF182

These are the numbers I got, numbers may change due to climate, altitude, temperature or other natural or unnatural effects. Try at your own risk as I WILL NOT take responsibility if you blow your hand off. :D

I hope this helps everyone out and gives you a good baseline to start.
Also, if anyone else would like to share their load data you may add it here. We are here to help each other out and I don't kind sharing what I have tried.

David "Delta Fox" Fuentes

Just what I was looking for, thanks for sharing. Since my free time is limited and range time even more limited, I don't have much time to test loads. I have some 7625 155gr loads that I made 5 months ago that I haven't gotten to test. When I do, I'll post it here. (Hopefully sometime this year) lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I use 7.0 of AutoComp with a 155 for all my major matches and I use 7.3 Silhouette and what I have left of VV3N37 which is 7.4 for practice and local matches.

Glad I found this thread. I used this formula to make some test rounds with my gun last weekend, and shot them today.

Used 7.0 of AutoComp with 155 gr Montana Gold JHP, and got a PF of 180 with my G22, Lone Wolf barrel, and Carver Custom 4 port comp.

I have some wiggle room to go down a little, but really liked the way it shot. Very flat. Dot bounced a little but was predictable. I'm gonna make some more and shoot a couple of matches with it.

I just settled with a 140 gr coated MBC with 7.7 gr Longshot. Ran about 1250 fps average. Or 175pf. Feels about the same in limited gun vs. 180's

Basically a trial for bullet weight and powder I can find. I have not shot open but once, second time will be in two weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

135 gr. Rainier over 8.2 gr. of Autocomp gives great accuracy in my Gold Team. I like how quickly the dot settles down and to the same point of aim. I tried longshot but in my GT the dot was all over the place. I plan on doing some more testing with Longshot but I'm sticking with Autocomp for now. It's good to hear other people are having good results with Autocomp.

Edited by Big Nick