Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

best 2011 magwell for small hands?

brongy

whats the best fit out there for small hands? i like the cape but read its for big hands..I want the smallest possible space between magwell and under the trigger guard..

You will not get it with a cape magwell, even thought they look cool. Your best bet is a dawson. IMHO the standard ice model is meant for small to medium hand size. the Brazos sits a little lower in the front, which is really not what your looking for. There is really no magwell out there dedicated for small hands

Hello: It depends on your hand size and if the grip has been undercut. If it has not been undercut then the Dawson Ice will push your hand up higher. If you have medium sized hands then the Dawson will flare your hand out at the bottom. The Cape and Cameron BAM work great for large hands but I see alot of people using them that have small hands as well. I would see which one you can reload with the best. Thanks, Eric

Hello: It depends on your hand size and if the grip has been undercut. If it has not been undercut then the Dawson Ice will push your hand up higher. If you have medium sized hands then the Dawson will flare your hand out at the bottom. The Cape and Cameron BAM work great for large hands but I see alot of people using them that have small hands as well. I would see which one you can reload with the best. Thanks, Eric

Words of wisdom there.

I like how the Dawson flares out at the bottom, allows me to really lock the gun into my hands, couple that with a little skateboard tape on the magwell and I can get a rock solid grip.

Thanks guys looks like dawson ice or sti is the way to go. However im really digging the cape. Hahah if all mentioned magwells dont make a significant difference for me im going with the cape. Looks real good.

If you are in the US, I have a spare Dawson Ice if you wanted to try one out first. I can ship it to you, for no charge, if you promise to ship it back when you are done testing.