Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC aggressive checking vs Mink diamondback grips

Nimitz

I think you have people confused with your question. The Diamondback grips are made by VZ, with Mink and others selling them. I don't know what the CZC aggressive checkering is. I have both the CZ thin aluminum grips and the VZ Diamondbacks and for me the Diamondbacks are much better. Much grippier, and thicker allowing me to get more skin against them. The only thing I don't like about the Diamondbacks is that I can feel them flex when I squeeze, however I only notice this when practicing, never in a match.

Edited by Chris_C

sorry, didn't mean to imply Mink made them. The aggressive checking Al grips are made by the CZ Custom shop and sound similar to the VZ diamondbacks. I have a Shadow on order from the CZC shop and wanted an aggressive checking pattern similar to the stippling I had done on my G34.

I may have to look into the VZ Diamondbacks if the ones from CZC aren't aggressive enough.

The CZC grips are also aluminum. If you sweat alot, no matter how textured the grip is, you will still slip, at least my hands do.

I absolutely cannot stand metal grips on guns.

The VZ grips are VERY aggressive and will hold very well provided you do your part. The G10 material itself also has a very fine "grit" to it which aids further in gripping potential.

I understand but size they are metal they could still be not as secure.

While we're on the topic, anyone have their rubber grips?

I am using the VZ Diamond backs and really like them. I like the stock rubber grips though. Just not as secure for me. Are you looking for a pair? I have some around.

The VZs are great. They're VERY aggressive. The only problem is they're very slim (as thin, or slightly thinner, than the CZ thin metal grips). Still, I prefer the VZs to the thick metal CZ grips, even with grip tape applied to the entire surface.

I've ordered a set of the thick, checkered CZC metal grips so I'll be able to compare them all soon.

The VZ Grips, at least the diamonback pattern grips are NOT thinner than the thin aluminum CZC grips...period, end of story. I dont have my dimensions off hand but after calipering them they ARE thicker (the VZ's)

VZ grips are great; they cover the top-rear corner of the gripping area which means your trigger finger will land a little farther out. With big hands that will be okay for DA, and better than uncovered for SA shooting.

All the CZ aluminum grips do not cover the top-rear. This will allow easier DA pull for anyone who has trouble reaching that far, will feel a little more cramped shooting SA for people w/big hands.

From the photos and dimensions given it looks like their Thick AL Aggressive grips are thicker or same in back, thinner in front, compared to VZ: http://czcustom.com/cz-75-85-ts-grips-aluminum-plastic-rubber.aspx

I have the VZ tactical diamonds and the CZC thin aluminum, several sets of rubber grips, and several broken sets of cheap wood or VZ imitation plastic grips. Because of how the grip fits on the CZ frame, you want indestructible material for your CZ grips. VZ and CZC aluminum as well as most rubber grips will not break. If you must have wood or plastic grips, get from a very reputable company or expect them to shatter within a short span of typical USPSA practice and matches. HTH