Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plated vs. Jacketed .40 pros/cons?

Noximus03

I shoot berrys plated all the time. $80/k, no shipping as I buy them locally. Can't beat that!

Where do you get Berry's in SD?!? Redline Balistics?

That's just not right . . . a person claiming to buy a product for half of what the rest of us are paying. Then, when asked where R U getting them . . . crickets, crickets. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot frontier plated (180g) for steel/weekend USPSA match and mg 180 jhp for big matches. I have not noticed a big difference in accuracy but there is more variability with the bullet weight in the frontier plated bullets. 178-181g the mg's are great bullets but I have a hard time justifying the extra cost.

I shoot berrys plated all the time. $80/k, no shipping as I buy them locally. Can't beat that!

I paid $73/k for xtreme plated (.40/180gr). I bought alot of them tho.

I am unable to detect any accuracy difference between xtreme and zero jacketed bullets in my cz's.

the plated 45's seem to shoot really well in my sig and sti 1911's as well.

Edited by motosapiens

Where do you get Berry's in SD?!? Redline Balistics?

That's just not right . . . a person claiming to buy a product for half of what the rest of us are paying. Then, when asked where R U getting them . . . crickets, crickets. :angry:

you pay $160/k?

There is no "rule" on that.

In my 9mm, the painted ARES are the most accurate bullets.

In my 40, the plated LOS and H&N are the best.

And in .45, Hornady HAP FMJ and LSWC-BB are flying great.

Edited by jayjay1

Berry's is selling for $130 on their site. I find it hard to believe that someone is getting them for $50 less per thousand for 180gr .40

I find it hard to believe people would pay $130/k when bullets are available cheaper (or at least they were a couple months ago).

tjconevera has xtreme 180's for $117/1000 and berrys for $122 (inc shipping).

If you're willing to buy 25,000 at a time, you can typically get a substantial discount from some distributors/mfrs.

Maybe they've gone up since late spring. If so, I guess I'll find out next year some time when I need more.

Edited by motosapiens