Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio cleaning tips

Nealio

I've heard of people field stripping the slide and then spraying the trigger and hammer area with WD-40. Anyone else do that?

Do you take the grips off when you clean it?

yes I take the grips off to clean (it;s only a few seconds to do that) and no I would not be spraying WD40 anywhere near my guns...

Two times a year I strip my Limited down to parts and put into an ultrasonic cleaner with full strength simple green. Blow dry with a compressor and apply frog lube to all parts before reassembly.

Between major cleanings I wipe out with a shop towel and then a pipe cleaner for the tight areas every 1000-1500rds. Reapply frog lube to frame rails and lugs before reassembly. The only chemicals that touch the gun are frog lube or simple green. Nothing sticks to metal parts that can't be wiped off with a paper towel. I don't break parts, the gun functions in all temperatures and very minimal wear at 25k rounds.

I have tried all the oils and cleaners mentioned above. Hoppes, Mobile 1, Break free, brake cleaner, slide glide, etc. Even if I didn't already have cabinets full of those products, you couldn't give them to me for free much less pay for them now.

I'm tellin you guys, Lubriplate SFL is the heat for gun lube. Here in Idaho its single digits in the winter, and 105+ in the summer. The Lubriplate SFL works year round, doesn't gum up, and lasts up to 2000 rounds in the milder temperatures. In the summer it only goes 1500 or so.

And $10 gets you enough for you and 4 other buddies (seriously). so $2.00 for enough lube for all your guns for 2+ years.

My Elite Match 38 Super tends to get thrown in the Ultrasonic with Mpro7. 15 minutes in Mpro7 with the heater on. I quickly scrub the barrel then 15 minutes in L&R Gunlube in the ultrasonic and I am done. Just pull it out, drip dry it for a few minutes. Oil and pack away.