Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II I can't imagine a better production gun

Goldenmotors

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small frame. God, what's wrong with me? I'm no rich man by any means nor am I a sport shooter, but I'm always willing to bend over backwards to have the finest sidearm I can get my mitts on -- my Excalibur, if you will.

Stock3White_zpsaed6ae5e.jpg

Stock3andGSO10_zps5f0be01a.jpg

-Complete Robar NP3 (except internals), +3 NP3ed magazines

-Internals, sear and hammer given a Bodkins trigger job

-Hennings Extended Firing Pin (so firing block removed)

-Grauffel Grips

I love it and it's my most accurate gun so far, but the next step with the bull barrel really makes me want to take this rabbit hole deeper. Besides, I always find I'm more about the chase than the goal, much to the chagrin of my wife and my pocketbook. I gotta make sure those bbl Stock 3s are state-bound, first.

Edited by RNA

I'll have to agree in full, I was lucky enough to grab a Stock II in 40 recently and it has prompted me to liquidate my pistol inventory. Looks like I could use this for about anything! Shoots 180s at both Major and Minor velocity like a dream. Love the competition frame ergos =)

I decided not to get my internals coated with NP3 because the process involves bead blasting the metal before the treatment is applied. Since Bodkin's trigger job includes a lot of internal parts polishing, I didn't want to mess with the texture of the mating surfaces.

What type of polish should i use on the internals and where can i get it?

i took my stock ii apart and lightly polished them. it helped with the trigger pull and smoothed out the trigger some but i couldnt get them to a mirror finish because the only polish i had was old and dried up. i dont even remember the type of polish it is.

Number 2 Stock II

Its a 10mm running 40 like a BOSS!

Interesting....How was the accuracy? I have shot 9mm through a 38 Super once, but out past 15 yards it was terribly inaccurate.

Just did my new stock Ii tonight.

600 for places with bad grind marks to start. Then 1000, 1500, 2000, Then Flitz.

It's like a completely different gun. I love it!

Number 2 Stock II

Nice work !

Just did my new stock Ii tonight.

600 for places with bad grind marks to start. Then 1000, 1500, 2000, Then Flitz.

It's like a completely different gun. I love it!

Number 2 Stock II

Nice work !

I sanded and flitz polished the plunger, plunger head, hammer hooks and almost the entire trigger bar last night. It did smooth out the trigger and seemed to help with the da/pull some but I am not getting the results as some have stated.

I am using a 15# hammer spring and a lightened plunger spring, cant remember the weight, single action is around 3.5# and double action was, before i cleaned it up, around 8.5-9#...it now feels more around 7ish.

Any other ideas to help drop the double action a litte more.

Reduced power trigger return spring from Cajun Gun Works should drop a half pound or so. I don't think you'll get much lower with a 15# hammer spring, have you tried a 13#? I haven't tuned a DA trigger with a short spring yet, but with the long spring I've gone as low as 11.5# and still lit off all the primers it tried; that got me into the 5-6# DA pull range.

Reduced power trigger return spring from Cajun Gun Works should drop a half pound or so. I don't think you'll get much lower with a 15# hammer spring, have you tried a 13#? I haven't tuned a DA trigger with a short spring yet, but with the long spring I've gone as low as 11.5# and still lit off all the primers it tried; that got me into the 5-6# DA pull range.

Haven't tried a lighter hammer spring yet and have been hesitant about doing so because i've read a lot of people having issues of not setting of certain primers. although i only use fed small pistol primers i would probably be ok to drop to a 13# hammer spring. just dont know how much i should tinker with it before production nationals in a few weeks. its been 100% reliable and i havent had a single malfunction.