Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets

billsbbb123

I load mine to make major,with wst.powder,,180 gr.40 .

If you are loading for minor just make some test rounds,and check with chrono.but go by lead info if you have it ..

Bayou's load at Lead spec's. But will GENRALLY shoot a little faster than plain lead. Example 230 rn lead 3.9 clays go 169 PF out of two fo my guns. Bayou's same load etc go 170.5 PF. I don't mess with the load for the bullet as my splits are the same with either load so I don't concern myself with it.

Bell the case a "little" more so you don't scrap the coating

The bayous will be faster than the fmj with the same amount of powder. In my experience you will get the same velocity with 0.2 to 0.4 gr less powder in 9mm. I agree about increasing the bell as well.

Any of you Bayou fans out there, Do you load them with lead or FMJ info.

Or if i'am loading fmj at 4.7 grains of WSF would it be ok to switch to bayou bullets

with the same amount of powder.

You didn't say which grain you are using (I use their 147 gr) but your 4.7 gr of WSF is going to be way overpowered. I shoot 147gr with 4.1 gr of WSF and get about 890-910ish out of them in a CZ 75.

I just ordered another 6000 from Donnie this week. Call him up and he will work with you. Great guy..