Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme Bullets

kneelingatlas

I paid $270 for 4k 115's, compared to Montana's $380.

Once MG or Manny start taking bulk orders, it may help their prices.. but Xtreme and BBI will probably be my go to bullets for the foreseable future. They shoot in what I need them to shoot in. If I was shooting open and Xtremes didnt work (they do for some people), it may be a different story.

This price banter is amusing :) I just don't see how the price another shooter pays for his projectiles is at all relevant.

I have shot both MGs and XTremes; they both punch nice holes in the paper, they're both pretty consistent and during a period of experimenting with different bullet weights I have appreciated the fact that I can get bullets for under $.10/round without buying a whole case.

I have not experienced any accuracy problems nor evidence of the plating coming off, so I don't see any value choosing a CMJ over a plated bullet.

+1, I couldn't find any advantage to paying MG prices for their JHPs. Extreme plated load way more consistently for me, plating never comes off, accuracy is well within what I need and at 7 cents each it's a no brainer when I need 25,000/year ...

I have no issue paying a premium when there is some real advantage for me to do so but I couldn't find one with MG so I'm sticking with Extremes ...

• 2 weeks later...

Once MG or Manny start taking bulk orders, it may help their prices.. but Xtreme and BBI will probably be my go to bullets for the foreseable future. They shoot in what I need them to shoot in. If I was shooting open and Xtremes didnt work (they do for some people), it may be a different story.

Curious as to how long ago that order was for 115's -- Today extreme is charging $45.89 per 500 -- that turns those 8 boxes into $367.84 for those 4000 projectiles

Am I missing something? I have run extreme and BBI -- The price has me leaning towards BBI lately though

Curious as to how long ago that order was for 115's -- Today extreme is charging $45.89 per 500 -- that turns those 8 boxes into $367.84 for those 4000 projectiles

Am I missing something? I have run extreme and BBI -- The price has me leaning towards BBI lately though

Email them for the bulk price list. We ordered in Jan 2013.

Another huge thumbs up for X-Treme. I won a $250 certificate at FNH3G... first I found out that that would buy me 2500 55gr FMJ .224 bullets (awesome), then I ordered them on Tuesday and found out that they would ship them for free (even more awesome), and then they showed up on Friday! (Reaching new levels of awesome). Thanks X-Treme!!!

I got two giant boxes from them less than a week after ordering, and they took the time to dig me up some inventory when I asked when they'd have another size available.

Their 147s need a bit more powder to make minor than the bare lead that I use, but it's about a whole 0.1-0.2 grains. I'm not too upset about that.

The 125s make minor handily out of my 327.

They've definitely got my business.

My last order from Xtreme was $77/k compared to MG $121/k for 147gr 9mm.

Xtreme perform quite well for me for the price.

sa2age7e.jpg

Who in the world buys only 1000 at a time? Looks like extremes are sold in lots of 500 for $53 MG are much cheaper when bought by the case

People on a budget. People who don't shoot much.

Are you guys loading these to lead or jacketed data? I bought 3k of RMR bullets earlier this year and those need to be loaded to jacketed velocities. I only ask because I need to start stocking up now for next year and loading over the winter so I stop this last minute load before a match thing.

Are you guys loading these to lead or jacketed data? I bought 3k of RMR bullets earlier this year and those need to be loaded to jacketed velocities. I only ask because I need to start stocking up now for next year and loading over the winter so I stop this last minute load before a match thing.

Lead for me. Build up a load ladder and chronograph it.

I am using their 180 HP in a Brazos 5" Did some load testing comparing them to their flat nose180, and HP were a tick better in accuracy at 25 yards. load was 5.1 N320 loaded 1.185 OAL chrony at a 172 PF. I did not change anything when I loaded these from flat point to HP other the to adjust for OAL. The HP are a little longer so the HP was taking up a little more case space but again after chrony no sign of pressure.