Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best race style holster for STI EDGE?

G34 CORDY

I have pretty much nothing nice to say about race holsters. I've tried them all. And I mean all. I use Kydex. Fast, safe and no gimmicks.

I have GM buddy of mine that says the same thing and runs a Bladetech DOH, the only thing I don't like about it is the holster wear.

Other than classifiers where you might lose 0.10 of a second, a race holster has no value in practical shooting.... Aside from showing off your fancy gun.

I like showing off my fancy gun, but prefer to not have worry about dropping it, scratching it on poppers, banging the sights into stuff and risking a DQ.

DAA Racemaster, bought one when they first came out and still like it.

Same here. I love the DAA and never had a problem with it. I've tried yanking on the gun from all directions when it is locked and no issues.

My DAA lock must not be as tight all of yours, cuz it's come on locked and dumped my gun 4 times, always in practice thankfully. 3 times I had a jacket on and I think the jacket pulled the lock off, but still, it's just too easy to release. Good project for tomorrow, stiffen the lock.

I'm glad to see the race master has improved. I was an early adopter and it was not good. It didn't fit the trigger guard of any of the 4 STI grips I had and took a lot of grinding to make it work. It was smooth eventually, but any modifications at all were too many for a holster of that cost.

Skip, some people make the tab of the lock smaller this way you don't disengage the lock as fast. DAA also sells these smaller tabs if you don't want to hack into your own rig.

Ahh, good idea. I always bag the gun at the end of stage, cuz I'm scared it's going to come out. Thanks for the tip.

I just went from a DAA racemaster to safariland 014, I really like it, it seems to hold the gun a little sturdier, and I like the fact I can run my different guns in it without buying new inserts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

Skip, some people make the tab of the lock smaller this way you don't disengage the lock as fast. DAA also sells these smaller tabs if you don't want to hack into your own rig.

Ahh, good idea. I always bag the gun at the end of stage, cuz I'm scared it's going to come out. Thanks for the tip.

You could throw a rubber band from the lock to the bottom of the holster so it adds pressure. Not the most genius idea but could help solve your problem. I've never had issues with my lock, but I live in Florida and don't wear a jacket when shooting.

I've messed with the rubber band, and it's just something I'll loose or break. I'm either going to grind off the end or change the cam action slightly so it has a little more resistance. Never got to it Saturday...go figure