Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reading lens and 3 gun.

I have been shooting pistol matches in Limited using a lens focused on the front sight for my dominant eye. In Tac Scope I am at a bit of a loss as to what to do since I really need the lens for pistol, kinda/sorta need it for the shottie, and absolutely don't need it for the carbine.

I am sure there are others out there that have figured an answer to this other than "just shoot Open" although I have been doing more of that in pistol matches and I guess it is an option.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have Decot glasses with a dominate eye lens for both open (distance focus) and limited (focus about 10' past the front sight). I was able to use the the limited lens with the TAC-30. I just had to re-focus the scope so the reticle was clear. This worked very well with the FO sight on the shotgun also. After a while, though, I just shot open. :roflol:

Later,

Chuck

ETA: Added plug for Decot

Edited by ChuckS

You're best bet is find a optometrist that will let you bring you're guns in the office to get the best

Prescription for you're eyes.

Have you worked with Robert from De cot yet? He would be my first choice .

Yep, I actually have a set of glasses for when I shoot irons with the dominant eye lens ground with reduced power. Works well there. Like a couple have said here I found adjusting my scope to that has worked really well. Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a stick on bifocal lens that I got off of ebay, stuck to the upper left corner of my glasses (I am right eye dominant). These lenses are plastic and stick to the lens of the glasses after wetting them with water. Because they are plastic, they can also be trimmed with a sharp scissors. I have only used these when shooting with a pistol, but they seemed to work when I have dry fired my shotgun and rifle.

post-5599-0-60927900-1382647464_thumb.jp

I shot a couple of matches this past week end for the first time with "cheater" 2.5 magnification safety glasses. The first match was NRA Action Pistol and I feel they helped on all the stages except the Mover, or else I found some other way to tank on the Mover that day. Sunday was Steel Challenge with a .22 pistol and rifle. I intended to shoot with the cheaters on pistol and then change to regular safety glasses for the rifle. I usually forgot to change and it did not seem to make any difference. Of course Steel distances are not much anyway. I will have to continue my experiment and see but I don't think I will be using them for 3-Gun.