Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

question on classifier matches

timawa

I think you have to be "pending" at the time you shoot them. This means you would have already paid and applied and are just waiting on your member number to come through.

While Sarge is probably correct you might also have a chance if you are fully entered and paid into the system prior to the 10th of the month. When the update is run you need to be in the system. If you wait until after the 10th then I would say you have zero chance of having it count. Any people who get kicked out of the run as not found will be cross checked to ensure they are members. I have entered people as pending with their assurance that they have joined via the web, or even will be joining before the weekend is out.

I was told at a local match that you must have been registered with uspsa when you shoot the match.

Happened to my wife, shoot a classifier match, but hadn't registered yet. Registered the Monday after, but was told they wouldn't count.

If you want a definitive answer, I would talk to someone at USPSA. They have a "chat" feature on their website. I've never used it, but it should be a pretty quick and painless way to get your question answered by the people who actually process the classifiers.

I was told at a local match that you must have been registered with uspsa when you shoot the match.

Happened to my wife, shoot a classifier match, but hadn't registered yet. Registered the Monday after, but was told they wouldn't count.

You could have brought a filled out membership form with payment to the match director and USPSA would have considered you a pending member. 6.4.1.

If you tell them you're going to by-god join USPSA immediately after the match, the stats officer should set your uspsa# to "PEN". Pending is a flag to USPSA that they have to go out and match up the name to their recent membership joins. As long as you actually join uspsa before the classifier reporting is uploaded and paid for, you should be fine.

If you want a definitive answer, I would talk to someone at USPSA. They have a "chat" feature on their website. I've never used it, but it should be a pretty quick and painless way to get your question answered by the people who actually process the classifiers.

I used their chat feature once and it was a pleasure. I have had bad experiences with other websites chats that have you wait forever and are basically unresponsive when you actually get connected to someone. With USPSA, I was connected within minutes, not hours, and someone actually chatted with me and quickly and clearly answered my question. Definitely recommended to use the chat if you have a question for USPSA.