Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

primers powder valley

EEH

i got two cases of the new tulas "gold" colored one and my SV limited gun was having about a 25% failure rate. The gun has a 19lb mainspring and extended firing pin. So I dont know if i just got a bad batch or what

What lot # did you get? It's on the bottom of the box.

The ones I have are 42-13.

I'm guessing 13=2013.

Another data point for tula - I get probably 2 per 100 that go sideways in the press, and they are definitely tighter in brass and I smooshed a few too. They ignite in my 1911 with a macho spring but many failures in a cz. In a pinch they work but I'll be stocking on winchester cci and feds when I can.

Because some of the Tula primers are a bit tight/difficult to seat, I find that I have to be careful not to "over work" them into tight primer pockets or they will seat a bit too low for a striker fire pistol. In other words I have to be careful when seating tight primers that I don't press too hard or too many extra times.

With a little practice I'm seeing a failure of about 1 in 500 in a striker fire pistol (M&P), No problems in a 1911.

• 2 months later...

I was at the big Tulsa OK gun show last weekend. Several venders had stacks and stacks of cases of Winchester primers. There were some CCI's around too. Literally saw 2000 Federal primers, a 1000 rifle and 1000 pistol a guy had on his table at an outrageous price from his personal stash. One of the venders with the Winchesters said that they had arrived a day or two before he left for the show.

i got two cases of the new tulas "gold" colored one and my SV limited gun was having about a 25% failure rate. The gun has a 19lb mainspring and extended firing pin. So I dont know if i just got a bad batch or what

I'm guessing 13=2013.

Week 42, Year 2013

Many manufacturing codes are usually some variation of batch/lot-week-year

They just got 3million winchester primers in...hurry!

Gone by Monday will be my guess. :roflol:

I don't know about that. Midway has has WSP in stock for nearly a month now as a pricepoint lower than PV for a 5k box. Hopefully we are coming to an end of the shortages.

Why does PV not sell to AL, TN or GA?

I am currently living in AL, PV sells stuff to me, and ships here. Most of the shooters I know here use PV, don't we all?

I'm in AL also and I received from PV. I believe it Natchez that doesn't sell to those states.

They just got 3million winchester primers in...hurry!

Gone by Monday will be my guess. :roflol:

I don't know about that. Midway has has WSP in stock for nearly a month now as a pricepoint lower than PV for a 5k box. Hopefully we are coming to an end of the shortages.

I was right. SPP's are out. :cheers: What you have to remember there were probably a million or more already on back order before they shut it off in January.

I'm guessing 13=2013.

Week 42, Year 2013

Many manufacturing codes are usually some variation of batch/lot-week-year

Week 42 is somewhere in October. So that can't be it since I posted in August and bought and received them before that . :mellow:

It would be nice if folks posted their batch #'s to see which Tulas suck.