Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

primers powder valley

EEH

Tula pistol primers are fairly hard. About 80% reliable in my G34 with GW Production trigger with a lightened FP. 95% with a G35 w/a Vanek classic.

I have stock FP springs on order along with a GW firing pin with the extended tip. Hopefully it will be 100% with my other G34 with these parts.

Just got shipping conf on 10k of them.

They've been 100% so far in my G34 with stock striker and light striker spring. These are really good for range & practice loads IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is 8/10 and still listed as in stock. Anyone else have any experience with them. Probably use them im my 96Beretta and not my S&W revolveres due to the hard primer issue.Would prefer to use the usual big 3 brands but soon won't have any choices due to supply issues.afish4570 :closedeyes: :closedeyes:

I use Tula SPP in my M&P 9mm and 40. No problems with them going bang every time, but they are no fun to load.

When loading mixed head stamp range brass about 70% go in with no issue but the other 30% require some additional pressure. Most times I have to kind of them rock them in place and others I have to rotate the brass a bit and press them a couple of times.

This could just be me being too cautious, but I'm careful with Tula after having a couple primers go in sideways. If I'm not careful loading Tula's, I end up with a high primer.

Not my first choice, but I still buy them when they are the only thing available.

Another data point...

I got some of the new stock Tula SP's in. I changed out the springs on my two G34's to regular power GW springs. Shot about 70 rounds loaded with the new stock Tulas and they all went bang.

I had some rounds loaded with old stock Tulas and shot them on the same day. The bang rate on those were probably 85% with the new spring. My old Tula primers are dull silver. The new Tulas are gold and to me they seem to load noticeably easier than the old silver Tulas. My log says I bought the old gray Tulas @ 11/2010.

I initially bought 5K and I'll probably buy more of this batch of Tula SP's.

i got two cases of the new tulas "gold" colored one and my SV limited gun was having about a 25% failure rate. The gun has a 19lb mainspring and extended firing pin. So I dont know if i just got a bad batch or what

Did you try the ammo in another pistol?

One thing continues...no small rifle.

spoke too soon. tons of winchester primers at natchez.

Too bad they will not sell/ship to anyone in Alabama, Tennessee or Georgia............PV had Winchester small pistol magnum in stock this morning...been using them in my open gun same velocity as the small rifle

Edited by DrawandDuck