Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ purchased / production help

mike g35

Well I made a decision and last night I bought my first CZ, a 75b stainless. I want to set it up for USPSA production. I'm thinking of getting a trigger & action job, new grips, competition (FO) sights, and I want to have a short reset trigger installed. I've been looking at Automatic Accuracy and CZ Custom to do my work. Who should I go with? Also, can I do everything I want and still be production legal? I would like to get my SA pull down to 2 pounds or less, my DA pull down as far as possible. Is this gonna be possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. post-33708-0-24215700-1374927354_thumb.j

http://cajungunworks.com/

I would caution you that in todays component and ammo situation be sure that you can still get reliable ignition.

I did a 75B for the wife, and it is a good gun for production, 13# hammer spring, and the competition hammer. Sets off WIN SPP fine but not sure it would work with CCI primers.

In my shadow I found the shorter throw on the double action did more for me that the lighter pull, since the pull length is shorter the time to pull it thru is shorter. YMMV.

It is possible to go to far on these triggers my shadow it is impossible to decern the resistance of the return spring and the trigger, so I backed it off a bit.

Edited by CocoBolo

You're a man after my own heart Mike :cheers:

Sub 2# SA is pushing the envelope with B gun, but I think it's possible; do you reload? When you get the trigger that light, your best bet is to use Federal primers only as they're the softest; also, if you plan to run right on the ragged edge, I suggest you do the work yourself so you can iron out any kinks and keep it in tune. David of CGW posted a great 'how to' here :http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0 Sending the gun to a smith every time it needs a little tuning might get old (and expensive). It's my impression action jobs from the reputable CZ smiths are focused on smooth, reliable, repeatable trigger pulls and not necessarily super light; I bought an SP01 Shadow from CZC with the SRT, race hammer and action job which out of the box had a DA trigger pull of ~3.5#. It was nice, but heavier than I expected (the hammer spring they used was a 13# with a few coils clipped) so I changed the springs to all CGW with the 11.5# hammer spring and wound up right around 2.0# SA and 5.2# DA. This setup has never had a light strike with CCI and Winchester primers.

So here's what you need:

-CZ factory race hammer

-CGW Hammer springs: 13#, 11.5# and 8.5#

-CGW reduced power trigger return, firing pin return and firing pin block springs

-I'm not sure an extended firing pin is legal in Production, but it would help too

You may find the lightest trigger to be a little mushy, in that case, up the hammer spring

Edited by kneelingatlas

You're a man after my own heart Mike :cheers:

Sub 2# SA is pushing the envelope with B gun, but I think it's possible; do you reload? When you get the trigger that light, your best bet is to use Federal primers only as they're the softest; also, if you plan to run right on the ragged edge, I suggest you do the work yourself so you can iron out any kinks and keep it in tune. David of CGW posted a great 'how to' here :http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=42537.0 Sending the gun to a smith every time it needs a little tuning might get old (and expensive). It's my impression action jobs from the reputable CZ smiths are focused on smooth, reliable, repeatable trigger pulls and not necessarily super light; I bought an SP01 Shadow from CZC with the SRT, race hammer and action job which out of the box had a DA trigger pull of ~3.5#. It was nice, but heavier than I expected (the hammer spring they used was a 13# with a few coils clipped) so I changed the springs to all CGW with the 11.5# hammer spring.

Thanks for the help guys. I do reload and I only use Federal primers. 2# SA isn't a necessity just a rough guesstimate of what I'm wanting. I'd like to get the trigger as light as possible. And as much as I would like to do the work myself right now I just don't have the time. I used to work on all my own guns but since I'm working two jobs there's just not enough time in the day.

Anyone have a link to CGW's website? I googled it and came up empty.

…and I want to have a short reset trigger installed.

You need to leave the firing-pin block installed and operative to shoot Production, so you can't legally do the kind of short-reset trigger possible on a Shadow or other non-FPB model.

ohhhhhh polished stainless..nice gun

Everything you listed is USPSA legal for production..

action job, sights, grips, on the B guns, the block has to be intact. We offer now short reset on the B models. because of the block it cannot be set up as tight as the Shadows, but it does set up very nice.,

congrats on the new gun

Edited by eerw

ohhhhhh polished stainless..nice gun

Everything you listed is USPSA legal for production..

action job, sights, grips, on the B guns, the block has to be intact. We offer now short reset on the B models. because of the block it cannot be set up as tight as the Shadows, but it does set up very nice.,

congrats on the new gun

Thanks!!! I figure this one will be seeing the custom shop soon. This was my first ever CZ so I wanted to go with the classic (75b). I plan to test this gun once customized and if it lives up to my expectations I'll most likely be buying another one later. However my next one will be a SP01 Shadow (I want one with the full length dust cover and one without).

I love the "bling" this gun has. It'll look even "blingier" once I add the red or blue aluminum grips. :)

My friend Don has a handle ends in sow here was able to get his 75B trigger nicer than the trigger on the Shadow, so it is possible and even with the FPB. He was running all the CGW stuff and put me on to them.

The extended firing pin is legal and I call it "essential".

With the 8.5# spring on a cold day at a match my gun did the weirdest crap ever. At first I thought it was broke, I would pull the trigger nothing, then rack it and it would shoot. On the next stage I pull the trigger, but instead of racking I just held it down about 1-2 seconds later it go boom. I repeated this thru the 32 round stage pull trigger wait boom. So I put the 10-11 pound spring in and it worked normally after that.

I pretty much know what I'm gonna do with the gun now, my only worry is I'm still not sure whether or not using the CZ Custom hammer is legal for production using a 75B. I dont thibk itll matter locally, but it could bump me to open in a big match if its not production legal.

Now for the rig. I'm thinking CR speed hi torque belt, Bladetech DOH holster, and Ghost pouches. Anyone see any issues with this rig or have any suggestions?

Does anyone use Ghost pouches? Are they any good for production? They appear to be built well and they're legal. Opinions?

Edited by mike g35

• 3 months later...

I think the lowest I ever measured my 75b was just under 2lb SA with fresh oil. It can be done but like Kneelingatlas said it would be best to do it your self and work out any issues that arise.

CGW has a adjustable lifter arm for the firing pin block and is something you will need, I ramped the block a little and than adjustable the lifter as far as it would be and still have a working firing pin block. Now you mix this with the CGW disco and you have a short reset. But if you get the shadow (non block) CGW disco you can fit it for a even shorter reset.

Your going to need about every aftermarket part they make and than some, I polished everything and used 56% silver solder to fix the sear cage 100%, Made a skeleton trigger bar and fitted it with silver, polished tool steel pins that the sear and FPBL ride on, fitted number 19 pin I think, so it can be done but it takes for work.