Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder Valley & Federal Small Pistol Primers

CZ85Combat

Did you have more than one brand or type of primer on the order? I've had best luck by ordering only one brand and type on each order. Much better chance of them getting in one item than several at the same time.

hmmmm ... just got off the phone with PV 2 mins ago and the woman said they had not received any Federal primers so far in 2013 ...

I've had a BO with them for Fed 100s since 6 Jan ...

Did you have more than one brand or type of primer on the order? I've had best luck by ordering only one brand and type on each order. Much better chance of them getting in one item than several at the same time.

Yeah, but not good for the hazmat charge unless you buy a HUGE quantity of them.

Edited by gandog56

I had 30K on order, but when they called to ask if I still wanted that order filled, I told them to send me 10K and pass the rest to the next in line. Maybe my order was older than I thought tho.

We are doing this to ourselves to some extent. I keep seeing people trying to sell or trade primers that they have complained about not being able to get. After weeks and months of waiting, they finally receive 50K more than they "need" and try to offload the extra. If everyone would slow down with the silly buying, the vendors would catch up much faster.

Edited by wgj3

We are doing this to ourselves to some extent. I keep seeing people trying to sell or trade primers that they have complained about not being able to get. After weeks and months of waiting, they finally receive 50K more than they "need" and try to offload the extra. If everyone would slow down with the silly buying, the vendors would catch up much faster.

Where do you see people wanting to trade? I just had to pay $38/1000 to keep getting by last week. Would love to come across some good-hearted soul dumping some extra.

Luckily I can use Winchester and CCI for training and save the 4,000 Fed 100s I do have for matches . I do agree that we are our own worst enemy at the moment because no one wants to get caught short again so people are buying much larger quantities then they normally would when they come across some ...

I've had an order in with PV for 30K Fed SPP since Jan 5. Queried them on April 29 about the order. Yes, it is in the system. Guess I should have ordered 10K Fed, 10K Win, and 10K CCI instead of all Fed.

MidSouth Shooter has Tula SP at $23/K

Thanks for the heads up. They only let me buy 5k but that is enough for a few weeks

Ditto. I needed more primers for range/practice ammo.

unfortunately I can't use Tula. tried a pack of 100 and had 8 light strikes. That makes more sense WRT to PV ...

While not my first choice, I've had reasonable luck with Tula SPP. I have to be more careful when seating them, not as easy as CCI. But if seated right, they usually perform well. Out of my last 100 rounds, I had one light strike. I have 5K more on order from PV. Edited by sdbreload

reloading them properly is not my issue. I have a lightened striker G34 that requires the use of the softest primers possible to ensure 100% reliability during a match ... unfortunately that means Fed 100s. I was hoping I could get away with Tulas for practice ammo but at 8 light strikes/100 that's not an option either ...

• 2 weeks later...