Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production Glock 34 - With All Possible Upgrades

Moltke

I searched and I'm sure the answer is spread around this website in a dozen threads, but is there one consolidated threat listing every competitive modification possible on a Glock 34 for USPSA Production? Is there an agreed upon Glock 34 Production "parts list" that is broken out for new shooters build out?

I've been shooting USPSA for a year now and just made A Class, so I'm looking to improve my gun a bit. I don't expect a gun modification to push me to the next bracket, I just want to ensure that I am using the most competitive gear. Ideally, I'd like to take every advantage I can with a Glock 34 so I know that when I'm shooting, the only thing hold me back is ...my own shooting - and not the gun.

So far, the only modifications I've made on my Glock 34 (gen 3) is new sights (black front and rear), and a home triggerjob (http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1287081#post1287081). I'd like to use grip tape instead of stippling, but otherwise I am open to any Production legal suggestions.

Edited by Moltke

Thanks for the input. Sorry that I wasn't clear, my goal is to identify all the parts that are upgradeable, not necessarily find out what everyone's custom package is.

So far the parts list sits at -

• Sights
  • Trigger components (either triggerjob or drop in parts)
  • Guide rod
  • Recoil spring
  • Striker
  • Grip tape (or stippling)

with GLOCKS there are way too many opinions on what you "need" to be competative.

That said what you have right now will not stop you from winning anything ever. If you read enough post you will find that many of the higher level shooters using GLOCKS have spent years changing parts around only to end up back at mostly stock with the aftermarket sights that they like best. as for sights that is very subjective and a personal choice with no correct answer either.

Mike

Edited by bikerburgess

My mods are Warren/Sevigny sights, steel guide rod, 13lb recoil spring, Vanek Custom trigger, Jager extended lightened striker, grip tape love the setup.

Which Vanek trigger did you install?

Thanks for the input. Sorry that I wasn't clear, my goal is to identify all the parts that are upgradeable, not necessarily find out what everyone's custom package is.

So far the parts list sits at -

• Sights
  • Trigger components (either triggerjob or drop in parts)
  • Guide rod
  • Recoil spring
  • Striker
  • Grip tape (or stippling)

If you add a barrel to you list you have almost all the pats of a glock that could be changenged within the production rule set listed.

On the cheap for a 34. Having felt expensive triggers mine is just as good and ultra reliable.

1) Large Frame Uncaptured Guide Rod. Wolff Spring. 14lb

2) Wolff Springs to include. Light Striker/drop safety Springs (come in the competition pack, Xtra Power Trigger Return Springs (think it comes in the pack as well)

3) Dawson Adjustable sights. (You may prefer different)

4) Grip tape or stippling. I prefer stippling because I ultra sonic my gun all the time.

5) Polish the trigger parts really well.

Edited by 98sr20ve

As was mentioned, there are tons of things you can do. Here is my list :

1. Reduced striker spring (Zev)

2. Reduced firing pin safety spring (Zev)

3. Lightweight firing pin safety (Zev)

4. Used to use a lighted striker (Lone Wolf), but I went back to stock

5. Grip tape (off the shelf ladder grip tape from Lowes)

6. Stainless Steel Guiderod (Zev)

7. 12lb recoil spring (Zev)

8. Reduced connector (Zev)

9. Reduced trigger spring (Zev)

10. Trigger housing with overtravel stop (Zev)

11. Fiber front and adjustable rear (Dawson Precision)

The stock gun is slippery as snot, so I stippled it.

The stock sights majorly suck, so I put on new sights.

I kepty hanging mags up on the back of the mag well, so I put in a plug.

I occassionaly caused the slide to lock back un-intentionally, so I put in a G17 slide release (non-extended).

I had horrible extraction problems, so I put in a stronger extractor spring and a gen-4 (30274) ejector and that curred it.

done.

oh, alsmost forgot, I put in a 15lb recoil spring (wouldn't pass 'the test' w/ 13), and a lighter (4.5 lb?) striker spring.

-rvb

Basically, everything is "upgradable" - as long as it's not visible. The only upgrades that is allowed and is visible are the stippling, barrel, sights, flush plugs and slide or refinishing of the slide. As long as the weight does not exceed the allowable limit, you're good to go. You can pretty much replace everything except the frame itself and still remain production legal.

I searched and I'm sure the answer is spread around this website in a dozen threads, but is there one consolidated threat listing every competitive modification possible on a Glock 34 for USPSA Production? Is there an agreed upon Glock 34 Production "parts list" that is broken out for new shooters build out?

I've been shooting USPSA for a year now and just made A Class, so I'm looking to improve my gun a bit. I don't expect a gun modification to push me to the next bracket, I just want to ensure that I am using the most competitive gear. Ideally, I'd like to take every advantage I can with a Glock 34 so I know that when I'm shooting, the only thing hold me back is ...my own shooting - and not the gun.

So far, the only modifications I've made on my Glock 34 (gen 3) is new sights (black front and rear), and a home triggerjob (http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1287081#post1287081). I'd like to use grip tape instead of stippling, but otherwise I am open to any Production legal suggestions.

You are pretty much there. I would consider adding KKM barrel. The muzzle to slide fit is tigter, hood locks up tighter. Overall the feedback before follow up shots is crisper / more responsive so you can push harder.

Also consider 11 lb ISMI recoil spring. Slide slings back with less energy so less muzzle dive before next shot.

Do you tune your reloads?

Good luck.

Have you considered a Glock 35 that would allow you to shoot Major loads? Yes, I do have one for sale with most of these upgrades, but I got the 35 because I wanted to shoot major. Plus, I added a Lone Wolf conversion barrel to allow 9mm for Steel and for practice. Holler if you have any interest in the G35. Good luck.

As far as possible items to change, the list above hits them all as far as I can see. I have done many of them, not necessarily with the Zev but others.

One thing I have not see is using a tungsten guide rod instead of steel. That puts more weight out front where the Glock can use it. I have an extended tungsten rod and make weight with it, Warren Sevigny sights and a lightweight titanium striker and safety plunger. A couple of tenths under max weight that way, but always weigh the gun for production.

As far as possible items to change, the list above hits them all as far as I can see. I have done many of them, not necessarily with the Zev but others.

One thing I have not see is using a tungsten guide rod instead of steel. That puts more weight out front where the Glock can use it. I have an extended tungsten rod and make weight with it, Warren Sevigny sights and a lightweight titanium striker and safety plunger. A couple of tenths under max weight that way, but always weigh the gun for production.

You need to be careful with weight in Production class. The tungsten guide rod might tip the scales when added in with other modifications.

IMHO this is the ultimate production setup for a Glock:

-Glockworx Trigger bar with shortened pre-travel (Production Legal Version)
-GW Lightened/extended Striker
-GW 2 lb connector
-GW overtravel stop
-GW Titanium Plunger
-Dawson plain rear/fiber optic front sights
-Extended GW Stainless guide rod with gen 4 adapter + 13lb spring
-sand epoxy grip, feels like grip tape but won't move

• 3 weeks later...