Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 AR Section Multi Gun Championship

OK, I am a little late with this post about the 2013 Arkansas Section Multi gun Championship match. Been spending a little spare time with Area 4, that is being hosted here, but finally got around to the AR Section MG match.

What can I say, that hasn't already been said about this match. Hosted by Old Fort Gun Club in Fort Smith, Arkansas, this has grown to be one of the best Multi gun matches anywhere. Limited to the first 125,000 shooters (WHOOPS, too many zeros), but the match has been full for the past several years.

Dates for the match are October 26 and 27. Total of 10 stages, 250 +- rounds. Most stages will take 2 or 3 guns, so keep the "Multi" in mind. Shoot 6 or 7 stages on Saturday, finish on Sunday morning. Awards and prizes at the end of the match, so you can get on the road early Sunday afternoon.

Stages are near finished, and will provide challenge to Grand Masters and fun for first time shooters. Always a few surprises, just to keep things interesting.

Staff will shoot the match (for free) on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 24 and 25. If you are interested in a staff position, contact either Deb or myself.

This is a USPSA Level II match. Membership in USPSA is required, and we will shoot per USPSA rules. Time Plus scoring, so break out the hi cap mags for the 9 mm. Squadding will be by USPSA self-squad program.

Match hotel is again the Candlewood Inn and Suites. Near the Range, and best rates anywhere close. Details coming soon. Reservation code is "Gun Match" at the local nymber (479) 424-3800..

Entry form is attached, and also available at www.oldfortgunclub.com. For more information, contact Deb Pankratz, Match Director, at (479) 629-3407, email openshooter12@gmail.com, or Bruce Bethell, (479) 785-4558, email brucebethell@sbcglobal.net.

Bruce

Entry form.pdf

This is a great match that I will hate to miss this year. The range is laid out where you don't need any carts of any kind. It's a good match for beginners or seasoned shooters so sign up for this one. I will be assisting in a liquor depletion exercise in Cancun that week so have fun guys and gals.

Yes, USPSA membership is required.

This is a USPSA Level II match. Membership in USPSA is required, and we will shoot per USPSA rules. Time Plus scoring, so break out the hi cap mags for the 9 mm. Squadding will be by USPSA self-squad program.

• 3 weeks later...

Match hotel for the Arkansas Section Multi gun has been confirmed. Candlewood Inn and Suites, once again. A nice property, and close to the Range. Rates are the best I could find anywhere close. Each room has a full 'fridge, other nice stuff.

Call the local number at (479) 424-3800 and ask for reservation code "Gun Match." One Queen room, $77.00 + tax, 2 Queens at $85.00 + tax, and a suite for $93.00 + tax. Other properties near the Range were $100+ for a single room. Lots of good eating venues close by.

Unlike most hotel properties, the Candlewood has the benefit of some smoking rooms, for those of use who want them. They are also "gun friendly" and have no problem with the fact that we are all coming heavily armed.

Stages are coming together, and will be posted soon. Deb Pankratz and her crew have some interesting stages planned. Shoot from both windows of the Limo, and through the Moon Roof. For you Wanna' Be airline pilots, retrieve your handgun from the lock box in the cockpit, take out the threat down both sides of the aisle of the aircraft, retrieve your rifle from the back bagage compartment and take out the targets from both sides of the runway through the rear ports.

Going to be a fun match.

Bruce

Stage: 10 SO SIMPLE

Place Name No. Class Division Penalty Raw Time Stg Pts Stage %
1 Darst, James 65 M Open 0.00 45.93 45.93 100.0000 100.00%
2 Easley, Dillen 71 U Limited 0.00 48.66 48.66 94.3896 94.39%
3 Crotsley, Eric 84 A Open 0.00 49.77 49.77 92.2845 92.28%
4 Rowzee, J K 40 B Tactical 0.00 54.08 54.08 84.9297 84.93%
5 Johnson, Doug 96 A Tactical 5.00 50.95 55.95 82.0912 82.09%
6 Hill, David 72 B Tactical 0.00 56.23 56.23 81.6824 81.68%

2nd place on that stage with the slug poppers......I REALLY enjoyed that stage, but primarily because I didn't have any penalties, misses, or very many missed shots! haha

Hoping i can find a way to convince my wife to let me have ONE more match in October to make it to this one again!

Stage: 10 SO SIMPLE

Place Name No. Class Division Penalty Raw Time Stg Pts Stage %

1 Darst, James 65 M Open 0.00 45.93 45.93 100.0000 100.00%

2 Easley, Dillen 71 U Limited 0.00 48.66 48.66 94.3896 94.39%

3 Crotsley, Eric 84 A Open 0.00 49.77 49.77 92.2845 92.28%

4 Rowzee, J K 40 B Tactical 0.00 54.08 54.08 84.9297 84.93%

5 Johnson, Doug 96 A Tactical 5.00 50.95 55.95 82.0912 82.09%

6 Hill, David 72 B Tactical 0.00 56.23 56.23 81.6824 81.68%

2nd place on that stage with the slug poppers......I REALLY enjoyed that stage, but primarily because I didn't have any penalties, misses, or very many missed shots! haha

Hoping i can find a way to convince my wife to let me have ONE more match in October to make it to this one again!

It looks like you beat me by 4 match points at the Nordic match in Sparta..but you cheated. You had a Semi-Auto ;).

It looks like a handful of us from out here in the middle of Kansas are planning on attending. We're sending in registration here soon...

Edited by JoeBoboutfitters

I just didn't handicap myself with inferior designed equipment.....

You know what they say.....if you were that close behind me, you must be really good! Hah

If I can make it to this match, you shall have you chance at redemption. :-)

You know what they say.....if you were that close behind me, you must be really good! Hah

Just remember, there were about a dozen shooters who beat you with inferior equipment....

Just remember, there were about a dozen shooters who beat you with inferior equipment....
Can't do anything about there being superior shooters! :-)

Hopefully it wont pour on us again ... Lol!! And the long slug poppers will acutally fall when hit !!

They fell just fine for me! :devil:

You remember waiting for 2 hours while they re-calibrated that mess right? That was hilarious when that guy hit those things twice and they didnt budge !! Lmao !!

• 3 weeks later...

The OFGC Crew has finally finished with Area 4. Great match here at OFGC, but a lot of work. Scored 245 shooters, everyone seemed to like the match

With a day or two of relaxation, the crew here is geared up for the Arkansas Section Multi Gun Championship match.

Stages have been pretty much approved by the USPSA powers, and will be posted soon, probably early next week. Over 200 rounds, evenly balanced between all three guns, with some fun stages.

Staff will shoot on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 24 and 25. You are welcome to come out and watch, and get a feel for the stages. Competitors will shoot on Saturday and Sunday, October 26 and 27.

Self squadding is now open at USPSA. Get your entry in soon, to get access to self squadding and join with your favorite shooting buddies for this match.

Entry form is available at the website at www.oldfortgunclub.com. Might have to surf a little to find it, but you’ll find lots of interesting information while you look.

Staff (CRO and RO) are still needed. Staff shoot free on Thursday and Friday. Contact us if you are willing to help.

Match hotel is the Candlewood Inn and Suites, with details above in an earlier post. Be sure to contact the hotel at the local number for the special rates for “Gun Match.” The toll free number may not have those special deals.

Folks here at OFGC are back on the ground running to make this match something special. Hope you will join us.

Bruce