Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More

PaulW

Ok so I have a big "Monster Match" this weekend. 8 Stages and like 40 rds a stage. SmittyFL is match director ( this outa be fun). Thanks in advance Smitty for all your hard work. All the props were blown down with the hurricane, so SmittyFL and his crew have been hard at it I'm sure.

Anyways....so Sunday I chrono and re-zero gun. I shoot about 250 rds and while doing a few drills I notice the impact seems low. CHeck zero and it's about 4 inches low. Rezero only to have the same thing happen 2 more times. Scope looks fine, all mounting screws are tight, gun groups great, baffles of comp look clean.....sooooo? Call C-more and Greg tells me to send it in right away. I next day air it only to have them tell me everything looks ok. Crap!!! He did ask if I was using a glare shield. I am using a limcat glare shield and although that is not the one he thought I was using he said they can cause problems if they don't lock down the dot module. Hmmmmm....anyone ever had this problem with the glare shields?

I have heard that some of the openings on glare shields are a little small. Make sure you are getting the full sight picture top to bottom and left to right, It may have to be opened up. And I too have also heard that the point of aim changes with some module changes.

Ivan

Well I don't have the scope back, will get it tomorrow but I think I have a solution. I took the original cover, ground down the bottom of the glare shield, and epoxied the two together. Now the module will be held down with the original part but I'll still have a glare shield.

It's true that zero change when changing the module.

I went from a 4 MOA to a 6 MOA and had to re zero the scope.

I have a glare shield from arredondo on one of my gun and I had to dremelize it a bit to have a "full dot" visible when the part is tightened.

If I loosened it, the dot was round, otherwise, it was not.

Now the problem is fixed.

If that is all is suposed to do, Is it worth the agrivation? I am just asking. I have a couple of older C- More scopes that are not quite as bright as i would like.(outdoors) Would a glare sheild help?

If that is all is suposed to do, Is it worth the agrivation? I am just asking. I have a couple of older C- More scopes that are not quite as bright as i would like.(outdoors) Would a glare sheild help?

A new diode module would probably help far more.

The point of a glare shield is, believe it or not, to reduce glare. Sunlight directly onto the diode lens will cause refraction, distortion, etc. of the dot on the lens of the optic. A glare shield basically limits the area of the lens to just the part of the diode where the light is transmitted from.

It acts kind of like a lenshade on a camera lens..it keeps extranoues light from the diode in an attempt to keep the light source clean ( light wise) and thus a brighter dot with cleaner edges..

Get the arredondo one. they seat better and the two i bought were drop in and fit flush on the module and the c-more...

on the limcat, wasn't as great a fit.....

but if you are shooting in bright sunlight... they help allot....

Regards,

I tried the Arrendondo and had the problem with the dot disappearing in the top 1/3 of the lens.

Disconcerting if you are in a situation where finding the dot is at all challenging!

I went back to not using a glare shield ...

When I was shoting a C-More the Limcat and Arredondo both worked well. The Limcat doesn't require any modification. The Arredondo requires you to open the hole slightly so the dot remains visible in all parts of the lense. Otherwise I wouldn't shoot a C-More without one or the other. Worth the $20 bucks if you ask me.