Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 19 RECOIL SPRING

sweetback

I am setting up a glock 19 for some IDPA match use. Looking into spring rates GLOCKWORX doesn't recommend 13 lb. recoil springs for the 19. Does anybody have experience using ISMI 15 lb. compact springs? Load will be 147/124 MINOR reloads.

Edited by sweetback

standard loads(factory) are now sub-standard. Remington green and white probably wouldn't even make power factor out of a 19. Ammo quality has taken a dive the last few years, even most 22 lr is suspect.

That's interesting, but not necessarily factually correct. I shoot factory ammo from my G19 (Remington included) , Post chrono my G19 is always in the 128-132 pf range...Comfortably above the 125 pf floor.

I don't have a G19, but I use a IMSI 13# spring on a Jager polymer guide rod in my G34. I use it in both IDPA & USPSA. Thinking about switching to a stainless steel guide rod since it's now legal in IDPA SSP Division.

I'm not answering your question here, but I am curious: What is wrong with the stock RSA in a G19 to be used with standard loads in IDPA competition?

I'm changing it for the same reasons i've changed them in my 34. Faster cycling, flatter shooting.

Same reason I changed them in my 34

I'm not answering your question here, but I am curious: What is wrong with the stock RSA in a G19 to be used with standard loads in IDPA competition?

I'm changing it for the same reasons i've changed them in my 34. Faster cycling, flatter shooting.

standard loads(factory) are now sub-standard. Remington green and white probably wouldn't even make power factor out of a 19. Ammo quality has taken a dive the last few years, even most 22 lr is suspect.

That's interesting, but not necessarily factually correct. I shoot factory ammo from my G19 (Remington included) , Post chrono my G19 is always in the 128-132 pf range...Comfortably above the 125 pf floor.

ALWAYS is a strong word. Any long time shooter of winchester factory whitebox 9mm will tell you there has been a change in the quality of their product. Winchester 22 ammo used to be my "go to" brand , not anymore. Huge demand for the amount of ammunition lately has caused a poor quality of product to appear, fact? NO! , Opinon...yes!

Edited by dirty whiteboy

This is what I speak of:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177243

I run a 15lb ISMI spring in my Gen3 19. I like the feel better than the stock spring and it will run fine even with sub 125pf loads.

THanks Cfish for the feed back. I have a 15 lb. ISMI on order.

I am setting up a glock 19 for some IDPA match use. Looking into spring rates GLOCKWORX doesn't recommend 13 lb. recoil springs for the 19. Does anybody have experience using ISMI 15 lb. compact springs? Load will be 147/124 MINOR reloads.

I ran 13 lb ISMI fine in my 19 with 147gr minor power factor

I did pair with a 4 lb Wolff striker spring. Oem spring would move the slide during pretravel.

This is what I speak of:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177243

True enough, but you left out the next leg of the post from the person with the problem.

"

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

So upon disassembly and inspection I found the extractor is broken. New part on order and I am giving the broken piece to my BIL to take back to the Smith and get his money back. Thanks for the help"
Is it ok with you if we agree to disagre? As I said, everytime I've chronod (and this includes WWB) it comes in 3-5 above the 125 floor. ergo my always comment.