Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

light hit and slide won't lock back on a brand new stock2!

b18prl

Hi gang,

I have a brand new large frame stock2, took it to the range to test it out and like the title said more of the intermittently issues though. Has anyone ran into this kind of issues before?

Thanks,

Pat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you changed the hammer spring? Remove the firing pin block...reassemble, test fire. If you no longer have the light strikes it is because the firing pin block may be making contact with the firing pin at the sharp edge. Look over your firing pin and block for peened areas. Check to make sure your firing pin moves freely with and with out the block inserted. If the firing pin does not move freely with out the block inserted, you need to polish it up.

Not locking back is a slide release issue,...you may have to trim the area on the lever that catches on the slide...OR...you are shooting light loads.

The magazine follower been trimmerd?

Reloads or factory ammmo, brand and type of primer?

I would say get the extended firing pin but I don't know that it would work with the block. I ran a 8.5# spring in my SP01 with an extended firing pin and it set off Win SPP fine, but common thought is 15# for reliable ignition.

Thanks you guys for your replies, the gun is brand new never had it apart because I was waiting for the recoil springs and hammer springs so I can try them out. The springs came in today so I took an opportunity to detail strip it and smooth things out a bit. As fas as slide won't lock back I think it's more of my light load (bayou 124 under 4gr wsf) I'm going to the range tomorrow and will report back.

Thanks again,

Pat

Ok guys I just came home from the range here is what I've found:

- I'm using tula primers!! (cheap and only primers I can find)

- slide is locking back now after switching to 10lb spring

- light hit is still there, I shot it with the firing pin block removed with stock hammer spring and stock firing pin spring.

- my shooting buddy shown so I asked him to hand me some of his ammo (cci 500 primers) and it went bang everyone of them!

So you think Eric's XL firing helps with this issue?

Thanks,

Pat

P.S. I also found trigger stacks up before the break in DA pull from sear spring being too stiff?? Am I correct?

Thanks guys,

I polished and got rid of the tooling mark on the plunger minus 1 coil, 15lb main spring, 9 lb recoil spring, polished trigger bow and inside of frame and polished the sear cage just like I did to my Shadow. It feels so much better after 400 rounds with some light hit here and there. I emailed Eric G. and was told the tula is pretty hard he tested it with the 16lb spring. He also recommended his Extreme firing pin. I'm waiting on Jim at Shooterready for Eric's firing pin though. But this week I'm gonna try it again with cci primers. I will report back.

Pat

Mo- I tried shooting the gun with firing block removed.

Nealio- I hand primed my case.

I had a light strike the other day on factory ammo. It was the only one I had but it has me looking at this thread.

Tonight as I was looking the gun over again i noticed that the hammer isnt completely down. If i pull the trigger it stops just short of all the way down, doent look like its pushing on the firing pin, just sitting next to it. If i push against the hammer i notice that it goes forward all the way. Is that due to the firing pin block or something not right here?

This is my first tanfo/eaa gun so be easy if thats a dumb question.

Hi gang,

I have a brand new large frame stock2, took it to the range to test it out and like the title said more of the intermittently issues though. Has anyone ran into this kind of issues before?

Thanks,

Pat

These guns don't run out of the box.

my stock 3 ran out of the box...small frame 9mm.

my stock 2 had issues the moment i put the lighter hammer spring in it. then i went to the eric firing pin...problems persisted. my stock 3 has had no issues....none. my stock 2 i have been getting light strikes or no strikes from double action and occassionally Single action about once every 40rds. i attribute it to the very real possibility that the block hole is off....just slightly...but enough to f*#k with it. Something else to note, i replaced thenew trigger bar with an old trigger bar that was already polished....they are not the same..as of last night i put the original back in.

..trigger is even better! I am going to test two different batches of ammo....just to make sure it is not some high primers or bad primers....i have had light hits on some ammo...but then proceeded to fire the same rounds out of my stock 3.

My stock ii has ran well out of the box. i only had one light strike out of 475 rounds and i think it was due to the type of brass. i did order the extreme firing pin just in case though but it has ran well so far.

what was wrong with ben's gun? and what mods have you made ben?

Edited by Prov1x

Update,

It ran fine today with cci primer and a combination of 14lb main spring and a cut wolf firing spring but tula will need a 16lb or even stock spring to run.

all my small frames stock 2's and stock 3's run flawless out of the box.. they are much more sought after because of known reliablity compared to its large frame brother where you need a bit of tuning and Mecgar mags (yes the older version Tanfo mags suck) i believe EAA uses mecgar mags now to fix the issue.

going to test this evening when it is cooler outside. My buddy who had a few tanfoglio's and runs a glock now says my trigger feels like 1.8 lbs SA, reset is great, and DA is hovering around 8lbs. Hammer spring I believe is either 14lb or 15lb....I have two new 14 lb springs in the bag I have to compare.

launches a pencil out in DA and SA with authority.

Hi gang,

Thanks,

Pat

I know you have a large frame 9mm.....mistake IMHO.

Hi gang,

Thanks,

Pat

I know you have a large frame 9mm.....mistake IMHO.

Not really, have fun with the small frame czechnology.