Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

light hit and slide won't lock back on a brand new stock2!

b18prl

I shot about 100 rounds yesterday this time with Federal primer, 13lb main spring, stock firing pin spring, CGW SP-01 trigger return spring and found no light hit they all went bang. I'll try the sp-01 sear spring next and up the main spring to 14lb and be done with it.

Wheeeeeewwwwwwww

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,..I have to eat my words...sort of.

I thought I had my issues worked out. I shot a match with the Eric Hammer...using a well used sear although I had a newer sear spring. Had two hammer follow...then switched out sear spring again to a new one. After that had two more hammer follow for the rest of the match...(total of 4 in 180rds match)

My luck I have no new sears, so I have a couple on order. For now I will use my regular delta hammer and old style sear. The only thing I miss is the shorter reset with the Eric hammer,..at speed it is hardly noticeable. Once I get a brand new sear I will test it out. I know Eric designed these hammers to work with new sears,..so maybe my polishing was overboard just enough to get the odd hammer follow.

One thing to note about hammer springs...they are all a little different. I have a well used 14 lb spring that is built slightly longer...and a new 14lb that is black. It feels heavier. I might be mistaken, but I don't recall getting a 13 lb hammer spring.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

The 13lb spring is the longest one I think I feel it stacks up so I replaced it with 14lb so far the gun runs 100% with Federal primer, will try other primers when I have time, maybe after the proam.

The 13lb spring is the longest one I think I feel it stacks up so I replaced it with 14lb so far the gun runs 100% with Federal primer, will try other primers when I have time, maybe after the proam.

thats what I thought, the 13 lb has more coils to compress...and the 14lbs look like the old 15lbs (roughly same length). A few years ago I did have one 13lb, and I thought it was much longer...this one is only about 2 coils longer. hhhmmm. I think the 14 lb would be the best overall at this time,..I seem to recall the13 lb one seemed to allow the hammer to fall slower(?)

Edited by Mo Hepworth

I inspected the spent primers and found 14lb spring had more solid hit so I decided to keep the 14lb in the gun even though the 13lb will light off Federal primer just fine.

i installed an extreme firing pin, an 8lb recoil spring and a set of silver eric grauffel grips tonigh plus all of the other mods i previously mentioned. i am shooting a local match with it tomorrow so i hope all goes well.

Edited by Prov1x

i have another sear cage set up and hammer as my back up...delta hammer and old style sear. i have the Eric hammer in my stock 2, and an old style new sear. DA is very nice even using a 14 lb hammer spring, new sear spring. SA went up to around 2.2 lbs...but the only advantage over my delta hammer set up is that the reset is better with the Eric Hammer. Federal with 13 lb hammer spring no issues...but to be on the safe side...using winchester or cci primers i would stick to the14lb hammer spring

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed Eric's hammer I got from Jim, nice and smooth but had to back the trigger screw way out though. Timing in s/a is way off than stock hammer but hammer releases is almost no creep and feels lighter than stock hammer hook. Also timing on firing pin leg and sear leg is off since timing in s/a is retard now. So it feels like this: take up, firing pin block and break. I shortened the leg on firing pin lifter before with stock hammer to make it in timed with the sear leg ( sucks having a 2 piece sear)

Oh well, the gun will go to Jim after ipsc nat, I had my fun.