Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

light hit and slide won't lock back on a brand new stock2!

b18prl

all my small frames stock 2's and stock 3's run flawless out of the box.. they are much more sought after because of known reliablity compared to its large frame brother where you need a bit of tuning and Mecgar mags (yes the older version Tanfo mags suck) i believe EAA uses mecgar mags now to fix the issue.

If you have any large frame guns for sale, let me know.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all my small frames stock 2's and stock 3's run flawless out of the box.. they are much more sought after because of known reliablity compared to its large frame brother where you need a bit of tuning and Mecgar mags (yes the older version Tanfo mags suck) i believe EAA uses mecgar mags now to fix the issue.

If you have any large frame guns for sale, let me know.

i will just sold 2 that i had including a Limited Pro... still holding on 1 more for a friend if he does not take it next month it will be sold.

Edited by ogiebb

I dont think having a large frame is really not that bad i have worked on a few for some friends and they turned out reliable and very accurate some of my friends that shoot STI's prefer them over the small frames because it feels like they are holding STI mags , the bigger hole is also a plus for reloads and some that shoot 40sw covert their stock 2's to SA for limited.

a few years ago before the Stock 2 was even known here in the US a lot of folks had some problems w/ the large frame mags ammo nose diving but Mecgar came up w/ the new mags and it solved all problems.. i guess its all about availability and user preference,

i prefer the small frames as i have a lot of the chrome mags for them already and can use CZ mags if i really have to, also i have been using Beretta steel lined basepads as i hate the stock metal flat ones or the stock plastics that break easily.. saying that i still have 1 large frame stock 2 that im holding on for a buddy and a back up from my other Limited Pro before that im thinking of using for IDPA.. these guns are great and hope to see them more out there in matches.

Edited by ogiebb

Hi gang,

I have a brand new large frame stock2, took it to the range to test it out and like the title said more of the intermittently issues though. Has anyone ran into this kind of issues before?

Thanks,

Pat

These guns don't run out of the box.

I know you have a large frame 9mm.....mistake IMHO.

Not really, have fun with the small frame czechnology.

ask yourself....who is using a large frame 9mm? Who is using a small frame 9mm....and why? The only parts you can share with the CZ are the extractors, sometimes springs...(not hammer spring or firing pin spring)...and sometimes mags in small frame (some pins). I am not trying to deter you from the large frame, but I am trying to deter you from the large frame...;)

I have a bunch of small frames and just got my first large frames (Hunter/Gold Team/Match) I want to play with. I have all the K series mags and some old style 40 and 10mm mags I want to experiment with. I'll be sure to post my findings here.

Hi gang,

I have a brand new large frame stock2, took it to the range to test it out and like the title said more of the intermittently issues though. Has anyone ran into this kind of issues before?

Thanks,

Pat

These guns don't run out of the box.

I know you have a large frame 9mm.....mistake IMHO.

Not really, have fun with the small frame czechnology.

ask yourself....who is using a large frame 9mm? Who is using a small frame 9mm....and why? The only parts you can share with the CZ are the extractors, sometimes springs...(not hammer spring or firing pin spring)...and sometimes mags in small frame (some pins). I am not trying to deter you from the large frame, but I am trying to deter you from the large frame... ;)

I am using a large frame gun because I was advised by people that I trust that with the K9 mags the large frame guns run properly. I was also advised that the small frame guns do not run properly. What I have observed so far tells me I made the right choice. If you are happy with your small frame gun, more power to you.

and how is your gun running?

an un messed with gun should run. i just solved two problems with my stock 2. just fired 400+ rds of mixed ammo...federal, winchester and cci primers. no light or off primers strikes. i did have hammer follow using Erics hammer about 4 or 5 times in the first 280rds. i realized that my sear spring was bent too much, and put in a newer one. i then fired another 150rds with no hammer follow. my DA is about 7.6 lbs, SA is around 1.7 lbs, sick let off...reset is about as good as it gets..very limited custom like... hammer spring i believe is 15 or 14lbs.

Cajun Gun Works trigger return spring, 11.5# hammer spring (long spring like a CZ) and a super light trigger plunger spring (I don't know the poundage because I picked it up from a hardware store but it's much lighter than the lightest one Henning sells. I have a Huenning roller plunger I haven't tried let as well as a ball bearing plunger on the drawing board.

and how is your gun running?

an un messed with gun should run. i just solved two problems with my stock 2. just fired 400+ rds of mixed ammo...federal, winchester and cci primers. no light or off primers strikes. i did have hammer follow using Erics hammer about 4 or 5 times in the first 280rds. i realized that my sear spring was bent too much, and put in a newer one. i then fired another 150rds with no hammer follow. my DA is about 7.6 lbs, SA is around 1.7 lbs, sick let off...reset is about as good as it gets..very limited custom like... hammer spring i believe is 15 or 14lbs.

mo, my large frame is running great. i did have a light strike but i believe it was due to the type of brass that i had reloaded. if i loaded aguila brass in my m&p pro i would have the ocassional light strike with it as well and the same with a buddies m&p pro. other than that i have not had a single problem.

not sure why you and ben are getting so upset with each other over the large frame, small frame business but who cares...they both run solid, i am using k9 mags and they work great.

now if i can get my montana gold 124gr reloads where i want them i will be good to go!

Edited by Prov1x

I put a 15# hammer spring, an 18# plunger spring, reduced 10# recoil spring and a new firing pin spring in mine and as of now i have a 9# double action and a 4# single action trigger pull.

I dont like a super light trigger in sa. i really do like the 4# sa but if i could possible drop it to 3# that would be perfect for me.

how can i reduce the double action a little more?

Edited by Prov1x

Cajun Gun Works trigger return spring, 11.5# hammer spring (long spring like a CZ) and a super light trigger plunger spring (I don't know the poundage because I picked it up from a hardware store but it's much lighter than the lightest one Henning sells. I have a Huenning roller plunger I haven't tried let as well as a ball bearing plunger on the drawing board.

John,

I did just that with CGW trigger return spring from my Shadow and now my da feels like butter.

Pat

Is unlikely that they mistakenly installed the wrong one, but is still worth checking the length of your firing pin anyway.

For large frames you expect that to be 2.63" , for small frame that that is 2.48 " I don't know how a unmolested gun can't fire reliably all factory ammo, unless you firing pin bumps on the safety block or somehow is misaligned this should not happen.

Edited by babo_al

Is unlikely that they mistakenly installed the wrong one, but is still worth checking the length of your firing pin anyway.

For large frames you expect that to be 2.63" , for small frame that that is 2.48 " I don't know how a unmolested gun can't fire reliably all factory ammo, unless you firing pin bumps on the safety block or somehow is misaligned this should not happen.

Good point, I'll do just that.

just trying to help Ben...I have had both...large and small frame....i have done 99% of the work on my guns...via trial and error. i havenot had another light or off strike for about 650-700rds..but i did have hammer follow a couple of times yesterday at a match. It is because my sear was good for a regular hammer, but not so good for the cuts on the Eric hammer. I put a new sear in with new sear spring after the match...my trigger pull went up from 1.7lbs to about 2.2 lbs. i will take reliable over .5 lbs any day.

Edited by Mo Hepworth