Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV N320 for 180gr 40 cal

perazzisc3

In a 2011 4.9gr. @ 1.195 oal/ .422 crimp once fired brass, & load like 10rounds chrono, rinse and repeat going from 4.9 to 5.0 and so on. 4.9 to 5.0 should be close but low, safer to start low. Check your primers and cases after you run them trough the chrono, find what you like double check and make sure they are accurate . Good luck. I use federal match primers but what ever you have should be good. Good luck

I run 1.130 with 5.0 gr and a MG 180 in a Glock 35, Chrono'd 171.5 at Area 1 last month. I was stuck with magnum primers and didn't change my load as i felt they still shot a a nice level, but once I find some SPP's I'll go back to them and keep the load the same, probably going down to 167+.

Yes! 1.20 ok 1.125 is short short. My load is for my 6" Camerons custom 2011

If you load short then I would start at 4.5. Which .40 do you have?

Edited by a matt

I don't know that the bullet will fit inside your mag @ 1.20 so drop to 4.5 gr of powder and go with 1.3 to 1.55 oal. I really hope the polymer shooters will chime in about now. Lol. But do start at 4.5 gr. of powder. Watch your primers and good luck.

Edited by a matt

I'd been trying to make major with the 180 gr. X-Treme RNFP using N320 (Glock 35 with factory barrel). I felt like the pressure was increasing faster than the velocity so I switched to WSF.

Bullet: Extreme Bullets 180 gr. RNFP
Powder: VihtaVuori N320 4.3 grs.
Primer: Federal 100
Case: CCI
LOAL: 1.135
Average Velocity: 878.06fps
ES: 24.27
SD: 8.77

Went a little too far with the WSF so next time I'll try 5.6 grs.

Bullet: Extreme Bullets 180 gr. RNFP
Powder: Winchester WSF 5.9 grs
Primer: Federal 100
Case: CCI
LOAL: 1.130
Average Velocity: 1007.90 fps
ES: 29.02
SD: 9.38

I am using 4.57 gr of VV N320 at 1.135 oal with 180 gr Bayou Bullets in a Tanfo Elite Limited Making 171 PF. Going to try this same load in my STI 2011

Looking back through this thread I realized that this information is incorrect, I am loading 4.72 grains of N320 for these results. I apologize for this error as posting an incorrect charge can have dangerous results. Luckily in this case the charge was on the low side.

• 4 months later...

I am using 4.57 gr of VV N320 at 1.135 oal with 180 gr Bayou Bullets in a Tanfo Elite Limited Making 171 PF. Going to try this same load in my STI 2011

Looking back through this thread I realized that this information is incorrect, I am loading 4.72 grains of N320 for these results. I apologize for this error as posting an incorrect charge can have dangerous results. Luckily in this case the charge was on the low side.

What kind of equipment are you using that you can load such precise powder charges? My hornady scale only goes to the tenth of a grain and my dillon is +/- .1 also...