Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd place

Sharyn

I got second at the Bay Bridge Charity Classic today. The Brazilian Juggernaut left an opening with a no-shoot and miss on one stage, but a slow time on my own higher-points stage took me out of the running. I've been trying to win this match for 5 years now. I switched to Open last year and got second to ong45. I went back to Limited and here I am.

I don't mind second place at all. Hell, I've been really damned proud of some 3rd place finishes!

But Sharyn, it never ends, and it gets way the hell worse in the higher classes. Don't believe me? Just mention Rat Bastard around here and see if someone will 'splain it to you :)

300lbGorilla, thanks... I think? :D

Lee D., you're awesome. :)

although i think i jinx you when im around  ....

That was... the... ONLY... time... that gun has EVER jammed!!! :blink:

i shot that match like crap w/ penalties up the butt -

Oh now that makes me feel great. :huh: I hadn't looked at the stage results until last night... and Jeff set me straight this morning. <_<

Lee, it's very hard for me to judge where I stand. It's not very often that I get to shoot against others in my division/class.

Vince Pinto, I'm not sure Dr. Phil is straightforward enough... his subtleties escape me. ;)

I've been working very hard at this. Progression is not coming as fast as I'd like it to. That's frustrating for me but it doesn't deter me from my goals. Placing 2nd at that particular match was a bump in the road and a lesson learned. I'm over it. Not all lessons are warm fuzzy ones, but they're all good.

Ok, Shooter Grrl, I'm mentioning Rat Bastard... now 'splain it to me. :D

• 3 months later...
see you at the next qualifier  B)

I had to dredge this up because I learned sumpin' sorta cool this weekend... Sorry, Lee, I couldn't make the Greenwood qualifier, but it turned out that I could make the Orange one this weekend. :D

I sorta gave up on the qualifier series since I moved up in class in the middle... but I figured it would be a really good match to shoot anyways. I've been very sick, no energy, no practice, but I took some cold medicine and dragged my butt the two hour drive to that match. I had no expectations of myself and was simply looking forward to shooting a good match in a new (to me) location. My only goal was to shoot consistant and shoot within my "new" class.

I hung around for the results because I'd agreed to pick up trophies for some other shooters that had to leave early. I was shocked to hear my name called for 2nd B Class!!! What happened to Bobby? He always beats me!

I've never been so happy about 2nd place... or about shooting a 64% of Lee. :D

and Lee... I'm gonna kick your butt if you say you sucked at that match, too! :P

So, what was important before,... is no longer... and if you keep your mind in the game and forget about the rest... everything turns out ok in the end. :D

Just shoot.

second place is an incentive to pivk it up just a little and win

I keep getting third or fourth in a small pond

My best match ever still has plenty of room for improvement, otherwise I would have quit allready

You know, if I walk out of a match know what mistakes I made and what I'm going to practice on and fix, I chalk that up as a victory.

Good words. That goes with what my friend Larry is always saying......"If you can learn something at each match, even when you suck, it's a good day."