Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625--recommend a fiber optic front and a rear sight

21 shooter

I am going to shoot my 625-8 primarily in IDPA and perhaps ICORE in the near future. I am looking for suggestions for front and rear sights. I plan to run a fiber optic front. . I have Dawson fiber optic front and rear on my Glock and really like them. I checked Brownells and found this

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/front-sights/index.htm?avs%7cSize_1=xzzx250&avs%7cStyle_1=Fiber+Optic&avs%7CMake_3=Smith%20%26%20Wesson

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/index.htm?avs%7CMake~~Model_1=Smith%20%26%20Wesson__N%20Frame

I know there are other sights and all opinions and suggestions are appreciated.

Mods, if this is not the proper forum please move. Thanks.

Edited by 21 shooter

Dawson makes lots of pinned sights for S&W N frames, so if you light his sights your all set. Bowen makes a great rear sight assy. in several types of blades. He also will give you a good starting place for the right frt sight height with his rear sights.

The first step would be to determine is you have a pinned front sight or the DX quick change. The easy way is to look and see if you have a hole drilled in the front of the front sight ramp. Looking from the muzzle there will be a hole in the front of the ramp where the detent plunger is inserted if it has a quick change sight. If it has the hole you will be able to push firmly against the front sight and move it to the rear against its spring. If there is no hole in the front of the ramp you have a pinned sight. Both the pinned and the quick change sights have a roll pin through the side of the front ramp so don't let that deceive you.

I put sdm on front stock rear I just filed the notch wider I have dawson sights on my glocks like them a lot dawson sights are .40 fiber and sdm is .60 I like sdm my eye sight is not good so I can see sdm well

Here is 2 different sizes.

The 27 has green .125 SDM with LPA solid black rear

The 627 has .100 Protocal with LPA solid black rear

I have all black LPA rears on all my competition revolvers.

Up front I do not like bright fibers that overwelm the sight for ICORE or IDPA, too blury. I do like bright FO fronts for USPSA or Rimfire.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/store/index.php?cPath=8_22

I buy the 1mm for the .100 sights and the 1.5mm for the .125 wide sights.

The purple (dull) is the best for accuracy, the other bright colors work best for speed. Everyones eyes and safety glasses are different so try different color fibers, they are cheap.

post-21005-0-76617800-1370818057_thumb.j

post-21005-0-45534600-1370818128_thumb.j

Thanks to everyone for the information! I have found new places to get sights and fiber optic. I looked at a 625 with a Bowen rear sight this weekend and it looked great. I am also going to contact toothguy as his sights look good as well. Please keep the information going here, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that can put this to good use.

Here is 2 different sizes.

The 27 has green .125 SDM with LPA solid black rear

The 627 has .100 Protocal with LPA solid black rear

I have all black LPA rears on all my competition revolvers.

Up front I do not like bright fibers that overwelm the sight for ICORE or IDPA, too blury. I do like bright FO fronts for USPSA or Rimfire.

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/store/index.php?cPath=8_22

I buy the 1mm for the .100 sights and the 1.5mm for the .125 wide sights.

The purple (dull) is the best for accuracy, the other bright colors work best for speed. Everyones eyes and safety glasses are different so try different color fibers, they are cheap.

attachicon.gif13.jpg

attachicon.gif12.jpg

Thanks for a good place to get fiber optic. I will pass that on to the ones I shoot with. The purple is interesting as I have never seen that in a pistol or revolver but I may try it just to see how it does for me. LPA does make some great looking sights. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're interested, Cylinder and Slide make light pipe front and rear sights.

post-28094-0-93083600-1372393210_thumb.j

I prefer the SDM Super Sight for the front, so I use the C&S front for other applications (recently put one a S&W model 10-8).

post-28094-0-65463200-1372393285_thumb.j

Buck

Edited by haggis