Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tula Small Pistol Primers

j0s3ph

What is the general opinion of Tula primers? Worth buying a few k of when they come available again?

Funny you should ask, as I wonder the same thing... I have 7k and haven't used one

i don't know about the current product, but when they first came out a few years ago i bought 7k. I loaded a bunch and had nothing but problems. I was getting 2-3 duds per hundred primers. hit once, hit twice, three times no go. plain duds. back then they were about 18k. i always thought a primer was primer and never had a dud in the thousands of other brands i had used.

Unless i know for sure they have improved, i will wait.

i don't know about the current product, but when they first came out a few years ago i bought 7k. I loaded a bunch and had nothing but problems. I was getting 2-3 duds per hundred primers. hit once, hit twice, three times no go. plain duds. back then they were about 18k. i always thought a primer was primer and never had a dud in the thousands of other brands i had used.

Unless i know for sure they have improved, i will wait.

I just used up 1000 SPP and had some difficulties. Would not seat in my 38Sp brass while Remingtons seated with ease. In 9mm had some high primers from my Dillon requiring a second strike in my Glock. One primer refused to go off regardless of the number of strikes. With that said, if it is the only thing you can get, I guess I would get some.

I recently got 5K of SPP Tula to try out, great price. Made up a 100 9mm rounds to test out. Had to reseat several that came out high in my Dillon, never had that problem with CCI primers. Had one that that took two strikes to shoot, the rest were good.

Edited by sdbreload