Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Magazine Extension Questions

GregSmith

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent, Thanks Kenny: discount on bigger orders, $$ went to TTI.

Hopefully he doesn't give it all away at SHOT!!

Found some vids on YT reviewing the TTI, ended up with 3 large and 4 small, and will report back when they've been run.

Danke to the BE Community again!

TTI by a long shot. I have two Arredondo's and they are used only for barneying (sp?) a round, or in case things go really wrong. Disassembly is a pain without the tool. I've used the Dawson's as well, and don't like them as much as the Taran's. One drawback is the magwell; depending on which you have (like the ZEV) you may need to do a little modification to make them fit just right without driving the pin out. Pretty easy fix though!!

I find that the arredondos don't fit in the IPSC box when my G35 has Warren Tactical sights on :-( Ordered a couple of TTI's - hope these will fit as an extra couple of rounds can come in very useful when competing against STI's etc

• 5 weeks later...

So I have a question on this topic. I just bought three Dawson extensions off someone on here and just got them setup for my G35. I watched the video and sandpapered my followers and I get 20 rounds (reloadable) in my first two magazines. My last mag only gets 18, non-reloadable. Thoughts?

My guess would be that the spring is binding. Sometimes mine will do this (stock, unmodified spring and follower, normally holds 19 reloadable) when I go to load #17. I usually either use a loader if there's one close by, or put pressure on the round with my thumb and hit the pad on the table and it settles in a little further.

So I have a question on this topic. I just bought three Dawson extensions off someone on here and just got them setup for my G35. I watched the video and sandpapered my followers and I get 20 rounds (reloadable) in my first two magazines. My last mag only gets 18, non-reloadable. Thoughts?

the follower is probably hanging up on the mag extension. sand it a little more. Edited by earthshine402

the follower is probably hanging up on the mag extension. sand it a little more.

Also, gen 4 followers don't need to be trimmed or messed with, they're already cut down from the factory.

So I have a gen 4, and when I first tried loading them up I got 17. I sanded them and got 20 in two, but only 18 in that last one. And it is a TIGHT 18. I will try loading it all the way up and smacking it on the table. Even using a loader I couldn't get anymore in there.

And as far as sanding it, I have already taken more off of that one than either of my other two..

the follower is probably hanging up on the mag extension. sand it a little more.

Also, gen 4 followers don't need to be trimmed or messed with, they're already cut down from the factory.

So I have a gen 4, and when I first tried loading them up I got 17. I sanded them and got 20 in two, but only 18 in that last one. And it is a TIGHT 18. I will try loading it all the way up and smacking it on the table. Even using a loader I couldn't get anymore in there.

And as far as sanding it, I have already taken more off of that one than either of my other two..

I've been known to be wrong. I have two dawson and one TTI base pads, 2 out of 3 mags needed no alteration to get 20. I do however have a dawson that only loads to 17. Looks like I will try it myself and report back.

Success. I just picked up a new 15 round mag at the gunshow today (had a number 8 follower) and filed that one just a bit and Voila! 20 rounds reloadable. So now my setup is 21 at the start, two reloads to 20 and last reload to 15.

Thanks for the help guys!