Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cmore RTS or Aimpoint Micro

ffgats

Hello,

For the last couple of months my Cmore mounted on my 9mm major open gun,s not holding its zero, every 500 rnds,need another zeroing. the elevation adjustment have shifted. This cmore have seen a lot of rounds. I planning of changing it to the RTS model which still a cmore, or the Aimpoint micro.

Any experienced on RTS's durability, the abiltiy to hold and ease zero, and dot visibility/clarity

My second option is the Micro series, I have this sight on my AR and its just perfect for me, durability, ease of zero and dot visibilty.

Your feedback would be highly appreciated

I have an RTS on my Model 41 Steel Challenge gun and love it. A friend of mine has one on his 9 mm open gun also. Neither one of us have had any problems with them. They are much eaiser to zero than a regular C-More (click adjustments). I think the dot is larger on the RTS.

I switched to the Aimpoint Micro and DAA mount about a year ago (on a STI 2011). Unfortunately, I got tendonitis in my elbow from too much dry firing and haven't shot too much. My tendonitis seems to have gone away and I'm ready to get back into action.

Anyway,I've shot a couple thousand rounds of 9 major and another couple thousand of 22 LR with the Aimpoint and I really like the setup. I switch out the 9mm upper with a TacSol 22 LR upper and the Aimpoint makes changing the zero a breeze. The DAA mount can put the Aimpoint lower than what you'll be able to mount the RTS.

When I first switched to the Aimpoint, I did have a bigger problem with losing the dot during a draw or shooting one-handed when compared to using a Tasco or C-More. After a lot of dry-firing, my drill times with the Aimpoint were identical to the times with a Tasco or C-More. All that dry-firing did come with a price. I'll just have to dry-fire a little smarter this time around.

Get a new C-More about $200 when you get it send the other one in for repair, then you will have a spare. What is it that makes the c-more so popular? Field of Vision, all those little sukers are too small Field of vision.

Your C-more frame is probably cracked, that happens when you tighten the adjustment lock screws too much.

But I think my next open gun I'm going back to the future with a Toob Scope, probably an Aim Point, or on a fixed income Pro Point..

i have been looking at both of these. the micro seems to small for me, add the extra cheese and it makes it something that I am not sure I want to try. RTS is pretty promising. looked through one recently on a 9 major and I am not sure why I haven't pulled the trigger on it.

The Micro came into my mind because of its durability, although I find the Field of View a little cute,lol. and of course the price is a little bit on the higher side. My only concern about the RTS is considering its new to the market is its reliability, and since it automatically self adjust to the outside light maybe somebody can share more on this aspect.

I will to contact Cmore if I can just send my sight From Canada to them directly, or I need an export permit,

Thanks for the feebacks gentlemen

I have a C-More RTS on my 1911 Colt 22lr. Yes, it is a smaller field of view but honestly once you get use to it then there is just no problem. It stays on zero, but then not much recoil on a 22.

Just my HO

I've broken three Aimpoint Micros, the rotary switch seemed to be the problem each time. I'm now using a DeltaPoint 3.5 on an Arredondo mount, so far so good.

Did Aimpoint fix the Micro's under warranty? How many rounds before the rotary switch crapped out?

The Micro came into my mind because of its durability, although I find the Field of View a little cute,lol. and of course the price is a little bit on the higher side. My only concern about the RTS is considering its new to the market is its reliability, and since it automatically self adjust to the outside light maybe somebody can share more on this aspect.

I will to contact Cmore if I can just send my sight From Canada to them directly, or I need an export permit,

Contact freedom ventures, they are the canadian distributor ect for c-more

Contact freedom ventures, they are the canadian distributor ect for c-more

I already did, need to contact Cmore directly for return Authorization #

Two were repaired. One was outside warranty and they still repaired it (no charge). I could not say how many rounds, I think its more to do with how many times it it switched on/off.

I also regularly turn off my Aimpoint Micro. i guess from now on, I'll just leave the Micro "ON". Thanks for the info.