Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing a job

GreenDragon64

I was called on my off day from the gun shop and was informed since business has severly subsided the shop is running in the red and I am being let go. After 3 days of job hunting, no luck yet. While there has not been promise of a job, I will be in contact with a local college bookstore manager, a friend of mine, who will be having a meeting with the other managers determining what/if summer arrangements need to be made as far as work help is needed.

Yep , it stinks. I was just informed last week I will be laid off December 1,2013. I will just miss early retirement by a few months. At least I have a little more time to look, but is still a bummer none the less.

I lost a $100K a year job because I asked VP for an apology. He was wrong and he knew it but instead of being honest and ethical as the company preached it was easier for him to have me terminated. At 55 and out of a job, I can still say I do have and will always be a man of sound character, honest, ethical and morally just. That is something that no one can take away and I would never trade that for anything in the world. Keep your chin up good things happen to good people.

I was called on my off day from the gun shop and was informed since business has severly subsided the shop is running in the red and I am being let go. After 3 days of job hunting, no luck yet. While there has not been promise of a job, I will be in contact with a local college bookstore manager, a friend of mine, who will be having a meeting with the other managers determining what/if summer arrangements need to be made as far as work help is needed.

Hope you have better luck than I did. I got dumped back in 2008 in the great wave of the economic collapse. Now I just say I have been "involuntarily retired".

I lost a $100K a year job because I asked VP for an apology. He was wrong and he knew it but instead of being honest and ethical as the company preached it was easier for him to have me terminated. At 55 and out of a job, I can still say I do have and will always be a man of sound character, honest, ethical and morally just. That is something that no one can take away and I would never trade that for anything in the world. Keep your chin up good things happen to good people.

I know the feeling. I had to buck the management at National Semi for most of the 20 years I worked there over that issue: lying. They lie all the time (to internal management as well as customers) and knowingly ship defective products. Then I was supposed to write up failure reports of "WOW! We never saw that before..." when we had the same defective junk coming back for years. In one case I forced them to take me out of the loop on some products because I wasn't going to partake in the BS anymore. I often wonder if the general public know what a bunch of lying bottomfeeders the general workplace environment is filled with...