Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurate Arms No.7 9mm loads

sk330lc

#7 is a rather spirited powder that seems to lend itself best to full power 9mm loads. I just loaded 500 WW 124 gr JHPs at 8.1 gr, but I have seen data that goes much higher. I haven't chrono'd the load yet, but am expecting around 1200 FPS, if AAs loading data is ummm... accurate. I tend to load a bit hot on 9mm since my conversion to Berettas. Accuracy with the above load is good from my Storm.

I've loaded AA#7 with a 124 grain bullet down to about 7gr for a minor steel load at about 1000 fps. It works and and is accurate, but is is a tad dirtier than when pushed hard to make major in open guns (and some folks consider that to be pretty dirty).

If you got it and want to use it, I say go for it. There are no safety issues...just go by the published data since there is good load data from AA for AA#7 and 124 grain bullets.

Thanks guys. found a very nice load load for my 9mm M&P. the load is. Hornady 124gr fmj-fn over 7.4gr of AAno.7 using mixed cases, CCI 500 primers and a C.O.A.L of 1.050" have not Choreographed this load yet but it is extremely accurate and isn't all that dirty.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. found a very nice load load for my 9mm M&P. the load is. Hornady 124gr fmj-fn over 7.4gr of AAno.7 using mixed cases, CCI 500 primers and a C.O.A.L of 1.050" have not Choreographed this load yet but it is extremely accurate and isn't all that dirty.

Had a chance to chronograph this load today through my 4.25" m&p 9. Averaged 1125fps 10 shots. At five feet.

Had a chance to chronograph this load today through my 4.25" m&p 9. Averaged 1125fps 10 shots. At five feet.

Most cordless chronographs suggest 10" from muzzle.

Yada Yada Yada, I've used AA# 7 with 124gr JHP's my load was 10gr at 1.180 oal, MagTech magnum primers. Yes boys that is 9 Major. Minor just takes less powder. AA#7 is best suited for 38 Super Major, in a compensated gun. If your gun is tight, well when those little gravel like pellets get in there (its the unburned powder) it will get hung slide, but if its got a bit of play you will be ok. If its acc-u-railed, forget it. W 10gr out of a 4.13" barrel I got 1443 fps.

It is a bit hard on compensators as it is a bit abrasive. Be careful not to spill any in the bolt hole for the shell plate I did that and it stripped the bolt theads when I put the shell plate back on.

7.1 gr with 124 Precision Deltas. Avg. 1080 fps. I tuned the load to recoil as close to my previously loaded 115 gr loads as I could. I can barely tell the difference between them.

AA#7 will easily make the min power factor, but I'm unsure how consistent it will be. I'm not surprised it might be dirty -- through my chrono, the standard deviation goes down as the charge goes toward max.

Has anyone tried it with 147 grain minor loads?

• 9 years later...

Reloading RMR New JHP 124 gr 9mm, 7.3 g Accurate #7, fed small pistol primers, AOL 1.09.50 with RCBS tapered Die, S&W m2o sheild, 3" barrel - tightest group yet. Primer flat so don't think I'll be shorten AOL. Tried AOL at 1.20, 7g Accurate #7 no pressure signs on primer but group much more spread out.

On 5/20/2013 at 10:12 PM, sk330lc said:

Thanks for posting you guys,  have decided to load 124 gr. extreme plated round nose bullets with 7.5 gr. of  #7 at 1.125 I'm hoping for good Accuracy out of my Glock 19 and my Beretta 92.

On 5/18/2013 at 1:26 PM, anachronism said:

#7 is a rather spirited powder that seems to lend itself best to full power 9mm loads. I just loaded 500 WW 124 gr JHPs at 8.1 gr, but I have seen data that goes much higher. I haven't chrono'd the load yet, but am expecting around 1200 FPS, if AAs loading data is ummm... accurate. I tend to load a bit hot on 9mm since my conversion to Berettas. Accuracy with the above load is good from my Storm.

I thought 7.6 gr. of #7 and 124 gr. bullet might be hot but I guess not.