Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys so I got "more aggressive" here are some photos of the modified loading port. On the left side I couldn't go any lower, I may have half of a millimeter to the serial#. Tom , Patrick and Jesse thanks for the photos to your loading ports they helped me. Tom can't wait to get my order, this Stoeger is going to look SICK!!!

post-51323-0-28762400-1395524570_thumb.j

post-51323-0-56733100-1395524586_thumb.j

post-51323-0-27474900-1395524630_thumb.j

post-51323-0-90924400-1395524637_thumb.j

post-51323-0-40974500-1395524651_thumb.j

post-51323-0-47034000-1395524660_thumb.j

Edited by Oskino

I am enjoying seeing all of the extreme loading port work. Thanks for sharing.

I hate to change the subject, but I had my first M3000 malfunction yesterday. I ran a box of Estate 1 1/8oz 3dram shells with no issues. But I also ran some Rem 1200fps slugs and one of them didn't quite exit the loading port. I have shot about 25 rounds of these slugs with no issues. I now have just over 150 rounds through the gun. I am all geared up for TFD(Fed 1 1/8oz 3dram bird and Rem 1200fps slugs) and don't plan to change anything, but I will try to be prepared to clear the a FTE if needed. As a precaution, I plan to leave the bolt locked back all week too. I had already cleared the grease and slicked up the mag tube last month. I am still VERY pleased with the M3000.

Those slugs must be right on the edge of having enough energy to fully cycle the gun. My favorite slugs the Fiocchi 1150 fps 1oz do that occasionally in my M2 and every time in the M3k.

I suspect that you are correct. Hopefully it will only get better as I put more rounds through the gun.

Thanks BOOM, I def think you should go for it. Just take your time and tape up the receiver so you do not get any unnecessary scratches. I am likely to go even deeper like Jesse did because I still have material I can remove but I don't want a paper weight. The right side of the loading port you can really get aggressive with it the left side not so much because of the serial #.Remember go slow and you will be fine, my wife saw the before and after and she thinks it looks better now than before modding the loading port. Crazy how 3gun finally made it possible for me and wife to agree on something. J/k

ok guys so I got "more aggressive" here are some photos of the modified loading port. On the left side I couldn't go any lower, I may have half of a millimeter to the serial#. Tom , Patrick and Jesse thanks for the photos to your loading ports they helped me. Tom can't wait to get my order, this Stoeger is going to look SICK!!!

Nice work mister!

Oskino; If you have the time ? to put together some Pic's of the steps you took, dimensions and tools that help you get that final product. I'm sure we all appreciate it . As someone once said none of us want to own a paper weight LOL

Oskino; If you have the time ? to put together some Pic's of the steps you took, dimensions and tools that help you get that final product. I'm sure we all appreciate it . As someone once said none of us want to own a paper weight LOL

np, the crazy thing is I took it apart again to get some more out of it. I will post some pics of the tools I used.

Nice work mister!

Thank you SIR!!

Oksino, that is one of the best home-done port jobs I have seen! Well finished, aggressive but blended. Kudos!

Tom

PS I will post pics of the follower protrusion tomorrow

Tom, thanks for the compliment especially coming from you. The crazy thing is that when I am loading quads it seems that shells still get hung up. I took it all apart to see what I can polish and sand but I just want to make sure I don't remove any of the follower retainer. Let me know if you got any tips. Thanks!

Oscar

ok BOOM, these are the tools I used. I will try to make sense of what I did, also Jesse If you want to smooth yours out pay attention to the last 5 photos excluding the file pic. What I did is I got sand paper 320 grit and wrapped it around the dremel attachment with tape. The purpose of doing that is so that when you are sanding the sand paper flexes slightly to take the shape of you are sanding. And you obviously see the results form my prior pics.I want to also mention that I applied metal polish to the metal while sanding to lubricate and to get the BLING factor. :)

1st pic is a Die Grinder with a Titanium burr, the burr does not have to be titanium and I also DO NOT RECOMMEND USING THIS TOOL IF YOU HAVE NEVER USED ONE< TRUST ME. if you want to try this tool, get some practice on some metal prior to jumping into it to learn how this tool reacts once is bites and it trust me it bites!!

2nd is a File, I would go this route first if I were you because it is SAFE.

3rd Dremel tool

4th, sand paper, i started off with 80 grit then went up to 400 grit

5th this is the is the one that will really fine tune what you are doing. Notice the last 4 pics I tried to take these photos in sequence so you can understand what I did. The second to the last photo is the specific attachment for the dremel.

6th I just bought this today which I recommend you also purchase something similar the file set was 12 dollars at Sears.

If I can help any further just let me know.

I was tempted to record myself opening the loading port. Sorry I didn't man

post-51323-0-40567400-1395623989_thumb.j

post-51323-0-02992400-1395623998_thumb.j

post-51323-0-28385400-1395624020_thumb.j

post-51323-0-56632700-1395624028_thumb.j

post-51323-0-80185300-1395624040_thumb.j

post-51323-0-47365900-1395624056_thumb.j

post-51323-0-88958700-1395624066_thumb.j

post-51323-0-84876300-1395624073_thumb.j

post-51323-0-85094700-1395624709_thumb.j

Edited by Oskino

The crazy thing is that when I am loading quads it seems that shells still get hung up. I took it all apart to see what I can polish and sand but I just want to make sure I don't remove any of the follower retainer. Let me know if you got any tips. Thanks!

Oscar

You left out the most important part of your port job...PATIENCE. There's a reason mine looks like a one toothed beaver did it.

I am having the same issues with loading quads. It feels like the second shell is nudging or bumping something just enough to mess up the second set of shells in my hand. It happens as the 2nd shell is about to go into the mag tube. I rounded and smoothed all of the edges I could find. My M2 quad loads like a dream but the M2 is not as opened up as my M3k. I'm thinking maybe the unwelded lifter isn't guiding the shells into the tube as smoothly since it's shorter. I'm having my lifter welded up to see if that solves the issue. It doesn't seem to be an issue when dropping deuces and doesn't happen every time with quads but it's gotta be ironed out cause I'm loving the quad load.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

The crazy thing is that when I am loading quads it seems that shells still get hung up. I took it all apart to see what I can polish and sand but I just want to make sure I don't remove any of the follower retainer. Let me know if you got any tips. Thanks!

Oscar

You left out the most important part of your port job...PATIENCE. There's a reason mine looks like a one toothed beaver did it.

I am having the same issues with loading quads. It feels like the second shell is nudging or bumping something just enough to mess up the second set of shells in my hand. It happens as the 2nd shell is about to go into the mag tube. I rounded and smoothed all of the edges I could find. My M2 quad loads like a dream but the M2 is not as opened up as my M3k. I'm thinking maybe the unwelded lifter isn't guiding the shells into the tube as smoothly since it's shorter. I'm having my lifter welded up to see if that solves the issue. It doesn't seem to be an issue when dropping deuces and doesn't happen every time with quads but it's gotta be ironed out cause I'm loving the quad load.

Jesse, your funny."There's a reason mine looks like a one toothed beaver did it." LMAO!! Funny you mention the welded lifter, cause I was thinking the same thing. It seems that the lifter travels to far down allowing the shell that you are trying to load to not be aligned correctly. It sucks because on my JM Pro I did not have that issue. I was thinking of purchasing the TTI lifter. Jesse once you get your lifter welded let us know if it helps, which it should.

Edited by Oskino

Oscar

Jesse, your funny."There's a reason mine looks like a one toothed beaver did it." LMAO!! Funny you mention the welded lifter, cause I was thinking the same thing. It seems that the lifter travels to far down allowing the shell that you are trying to load to not be aligned correctly. It sucks because on my JM Pro I did not have that issue. I was thinking of purchasing the TTI lifter. Jesse once you get your lifter welded let us know if it helps, which it should.

Oskino, im glad someone else on here is using a die grinder to do this mod. Thats what I used on mine and some people thought I was crazy, but if you know how yo use it the modification becomes very quick to do. Also to you and Jesse, I have yhe TTI lifter and im not having any issues with a round hanging up so hopefully the weldes lifter will make a difference. Lastly I am going to be doing another M3K loading port here soon with all the tools Oskino used. I will make sure to make a video of it and put it on my channel.

Oscar

Oskino, im glad someone else on here is using a die grinder to do this mod. Thats what I used on mine and some people thought I was crazy, but if you know how yo use it the modification becomes very quick to do. Also to you and Jesse, I have yhe TTI lifter and im not having any issues with a round hanging up so hopefully the weldes lifter will make a difference. Lastly I am going to be doing another M3K loading port here soon with all the tools Oskino used. I will make sure to make a video of it and put it on my channel.

Cajun, the DIE GRINDER is the tool to use if you know how to use it. I am glad to hear that you are not having shells getting hung up because I certainly am. Jesse "one toothed beaver did it" LMAO still!!

Thanks Oskino; Die grinders have some serious power behind them, I'll try looking around for burr bit to attach on a dremel. Like you said Go Slow

BOOM, if you are going to use a burr get some metal and practice first . When you are handling you need to grab the DIE Grinder like a MAN and MAN UP and i promise it will turn out fine!! Also I want to add I even brace my hands against my hip when using the tool.

Edited by Oskino

Oscar

Did the Taran tactical lifter drop right in?

Thanks Oskino; Die grinders have some serious power behind them, I'll try looking around for burr bit to attach on a dremel. Like you said Go Slow

BOOM, Dremel makes an attachment that is marketed for a tile grout removal tool. It looks like a burr bit, but im not sure if it would handle metal. Im going to get one this week and try it out. Ill let you know how it goes

Oscar

No sir. There is a video on my channel though on how to do the modification and install. Not too difficult, just a little bit of reshaping

Oscar

No they do not, here is a video minor mod needed. So break out the beaver again.

Edited by Oskino

Oscar

No they do not, here is a video minor mod needed. So break out the beaver again.

Haha im glad some people are actually watching them.

yea Oskino I remember those air power die grinders. Its was like hanging on to the tail of a one tooth beaver. (you better not relax your grip) . Good imformation

LOL, np man and remember patience and you will be fine.

Oscar

I think you're right that the hitch is due to the lifter getting pushed all the way down and allowing the second shell to bump the receiver. I haven't had this problem yet, and I think it may be because I only lowered the port on the right side by the same amount as the left side. (I'm also happy to load 8 in 5, so I'm moving quite a lot slower than you.) When I load the right side of the receiver keeps my hand from fully bottoming out the lifter with the second shell. If I make a conscious effort to push the shells harder into the lifter, I can bottom out the lifter and I too then feel the hitch when loading the second shell.

Do you notice the hitch when quad loading weak hand?