Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

match fees

What kind of attendance do you guys have at your matches?

At one of my clubs, we've drifted below 20 per month, so it's getting tough to pay the bills, especially since we're wanting to do some range improvements! When you have 40-50 or more shooters for the match, it seems like it would be a lot easier to make ends meet.

How many of you have to carry your own insurance policies? WVPPS has it's own liability insurance, which is a condition for being able to rent the range where we shoot. That is probably our largest annual expense, and since we have maybe six or seven dues-paying members, it all has to come from match fees.

When the weather is really bad and we can't shoot, there are obviously no match-related expenses, but we still have to pay the insurance, so it really hurts us when we can't run a match.

We currently have a simmilar situation...

Our annual fees are N$120-00 (±US$20)

Shoot fees N$50-00 (±US$8)

And have a match attendance of max 20...........

now add insureance, IPSC affiliation, etc....nothing left

At the risk of loosing people I will be increaseing the above to

±N$200 annual (±US$30)

±N$20/per stage, resulting in average N$100/shoot (±US$15)

Our club, North Mountain Practical Shooters, shoots on a piece of land that is in the middle of an apple orchard. They have been holding IPSC matches and in the early days, pin shoots, since the mid 80's. We lease the land, appx. 7 -10 acres for $1.00/year from the owner. We usually run two relays, AM & PM, and fees are $20 for one gun and $30 if you want to shoot a second division in the next relay. First time shooters and Jrs. shoot for free. Non USPSA members can shoot three matches for $20 and then we charge them $25.

We usually set up 5 stages, one being a classifier, with a round count between 80-100 rounds, and have between 25-40 shooters and all proceeds go towards props and supplies and in support of the USPSA Jr. program. At our October match we have a big cookout with burgers, hot dogs and all the fixings as appreciation to our shooters.

I pay whatever the club is charging :) Doesn't make one bit of difference to me, I go where the matches are because,

I AM SHOOTER GRRL!

You absolutely, positively need a cape to wear when you shoot (and when you say that!). Maybe a bejeweled tiara and matching bracelets (a la Wonder Woman) would be a nice accessory!

Namibia is cool! They let normal people take responsibility for their own personal safety (i.e. carry guns legally). I salute Namibia and our good friend, Mr. Dead Buff!

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club's Monthly USPSA match fees are $17.00 for 5-6 stages @ approx. 150rds total for the match. We ordinarily have about 30 or so shooters for our regular club matches, and about 60 shooters for a Section Points match, and about 100 shooters for the Oregon Single-Stack Championship, and for the ABC House Charity match.

After the USPSA Activity/Classifier fees come out, we pay a kid to tear down the match so shooters can socialize while waiting for results. If you are part of the regular match setup crew, match fees are only $5.

The club's membership fees are $99 a year, and $50 of that can be shaved off by performing 12 hours of work for the club during maintenance events, working special events, or participating the club's RO program.

• 5 years later...

I guess we've got it pretty good down here in Mississippi. I shoot at two clubs. One charges $13 flat rate per match. Another charges $18 if you are not a member, $13 if you are. Membership is a family membership, and includes access to the range. First family member pays $13, all subsequent family members only pay the $3 classifier fee. Works out well for me and my two boys to shoot that one.

In northern California, the going rate is basically 20 bucks per match except 1 match, Capsl, where members pay 15, but its only 3 stages(a carryover from their indoor days) but its very nice to get in a match with 20-25 folks and be done and gone by noon

therest ofthe matches in northern Cali, are between 20-25 bucks for between 4 and 6 stages

The de-facto standard in New England is $20 including one classifier, for between 3 and 6 stages depending on the club.

Rob hit it on the nose for the most of the AREA 7. A few clubs give a discount for members, but it's typically $20 for most matches in Area 7.