Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Falling out of Safariland Holster

Indiana James

OK, I forgot to add, plus this adds one more post towards my 25, then I get to post in the classifieds. I don't understand that.

I like the levitation belt. It holds heavy stuff like the big stick and open gun much better around the waist. You have all that extra velcro, the belt is more stable then the CR-Speed - you lose so much velcro on that belt.

Indy

me and three other friends of mine purchased the new ghost holster and i have to say it's the best thing since sliced bread.

the new ghost holster is extremely fast even from a locked down position when the start involves movement.

one of the stages at the nationals required a start from a lounge chair. i felt very comfortable that my gun wouldn't fall out due to the positive locking system.

find someone that has a new ghost and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

I have a saferiland holster for my open gun.  I see how it can easily fall out.  What techniques are use to hold it better?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Indy

There's the old walkthrough (or "Barnhart") strap-- go by your local sports store and get a velcro watchband (the one-piece kind). Strap it around holster and gun when not in use.

Get a froofy color and pattern so Erik will have something to make fun of. If you leave the watch on, you'll garner as many silly comments as his camelbak does.

Just a question, has the gun fallen out or do you think it will? I have an 012 and have never had problems with retention, but I shoot standard. The only way it comes out is if it is liftted straight up, ive tried hitting the mag well while it's holstered and it does not budge. Just make sure you have the proper insert for it, there is a small plastic strip in the holster that is used for round trigger guards, make sure it is not in there whan you use an S_I

What techniques are use to hold it better?

Easy, use a CR Speed. I never felt comfortable with my open gun in a 011 or 012 after it fell out for the 3rd time, so I chunked it for a CR.

Had the same problem and made the same fix . . . CR speed is the way to go.

Actually the Guga/SSI is the way to go. Damn everybody else's opinion...Mines Better ;) ! I upgraded from the Limcat to the SSI. I checked out the Ghost but the SSI seems more adjustable and just looks cooler. Actually you have to find one you like but I wouldn't have a race holster without a good lock.....and remember to use the lock.

i like the way my pistol draws out of my safariland 011 holster better than in my CR Speed.

problem with the 011 is if you bump the muzzle from below, you can dislodge the pistol out the locking block even if the tension knob is turned all the way in. i added the arredondo muzzle platform and it's a big help preventing the pistol jumping out the holster. i also made a velcro strap for added security.