Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MP9 Pro

JAB

WES777, It's going to happen. As more and more people want to use the M&P platform, the gun builders will start playing around with options for it. Then we'll see parts become more readily available for the shooters who like to use it. Just a matter of time before we will see more of these guns being used in competition. The demand happens, and then the supply will show up.

Don't think you will ever see the demand. To be a serious contender the first issue is mags, I don't see enuff interest to get a manufacturer to spend the money to tool up. But I may be full of crap!

After market manufacturers sometimes come into play when parts are needed. Only time will tell if this becomes a viable platform where enough people will want to use it. They didn't think anything about XD's when they first showed up , because Glock was so strong. But more people started using them in production division, and now Glocks are being used in open division, and not too many people thought that would happen. Thats what is so great about this sport we enjoy, someone can take a specific platform and develope it into what they would like to use in competition, ( following the rules of the match). People are always trying to improve on existing guns, just like they did with the first gun, and thats a wonderful thing. I deeply apologize for going off topic. I will try not to let it happen again.

Best Regards,

Sjc has come out with the only decent optic mount for m&ps. That may help some people decide to go that direction. There are only two companies that I know of with magwells, and there are 3 companies making mag extensions. Everything is there to build nice opengun but pretty much all of it is new to the market and hasnt really been there long enough for it to really make its way out to where it would be normal to see it at a match. Another problem is for the price of building an open gun you can find a used 2011 open gun if you look around a little bit.

I'm halfway done with an Open M&P .40 Been too busy to get to my friends machine shop and fit the optic to the slide. With the Comp it shoots softer than a 38super. I've seen plenty of Open 9's on here, specifically the one made by Apex. (even though it's minor). There's 3 different aftermarket suppliers for 140mm mags, One for a 170mm and hopefully soon to be two (fingers crossed for Taran Tactical). There's definitely a disadvantage to using the M&P in limited, shooting it back to back with a SVI, it just kicks so much more. But, It's a shit ton cheaper. In Open, It shoots softer than the built up STI Open gun I compared it with.