Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Shock of it

pskys2

Lord the ones we love.

Had a 5 year old Black Cat, Bennie, loved to help me on the computer and even as a 5 week old kitten helped me do a trigger job on my 2011 Limited that had just got back from, you guessed it Bennie Hill. Best trigger job I ever did. Would crawl up at night and need my shoulder from day one. Would lay and let you stroke his belly for hours.

The wife saw someone throw him out of a car window and roll around a bridge in April 2008. She chased that little thing all the way down to I-70 and grabbed him just as a semi flew by, blowing him into her hands. He was so small and scared he shivered like he was having seizures. She crawled back up the hill and over the fence with him clinging to her shirt like a broach. He latched onto me that first night and never seemed to let go.

Well the Lord called him home Friday morning, I got up and he was curled on the edge of a dog bed in his final sleep. Turns out he had a tumor at/near his heart and with no signs or symptoms he passed with a heart attack. 5 years just wasn't enough!

As hard as it is I just wished I could have held him those final moments.

The only thing to take a measure of comfort in is he didn't suffer and the pain I feel right now is a measure of the love he gave.

As Captain Kirk in Star Trek 5 said, "I want my pain, I need my pain."

Edited by pskys2

Everyone's thoughts and wishes do help. Some would never believe all these hard charging competitors can get so choked up over our critters. But what would life be without love, and they do give us the most precious, unquestioning type.