Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters that work with round trigger single stack

nipplehead

Hey guys need advise,

I'm currently shooting L-10 with a colt goldcup , I want to get a speed holster set-up as I anticipate getting a limited gun aswell. What holsters are completely compatable with a single stack round trigger gun? Will the Ghost work? which holsters will my blued gun be safe in? :wacko:

There will be wear on the bluing from any holster. The Limcat will work (you'll have to swap in the 1911 insert), as will the CR, and Safariland. The Ghost will require that you drill a hole in the trigger guard as there is no Ultimate version available.

Nipplehead,

I shoot the same setup for L-10. I tried the Universal Extreme from Frank Garcia but it was loose in the holster, however, when locked it would not come out. I have a ghost for my limited gun and it too would be loose since they both were made for the square trigger guard guns. I saw at this years Nationals a new speed holster by Gubas Ribas that is supposed to accomodate the round trigger guard guns. Once I save up the dead presidents necessary I'll get one!!!!

CR Speed. I shoot one holster for a sinlge stack, P16, G35 and Open STI. Little adjustment and it fits them all great. Tight, little wobble, and they dont fall out. I have run with my P16 not locked in and it didn't fall out. I do have the Arredondo peg for the muzzle instead of the cup. I recommend it highly. TXAG

I have a Limcat holster that lets my round triggerguard Caspian fall out. No matter how many times I try to adjust it it wiggles around and is very hard to get locked in. I used a friends CR after almost have loaded gun fall out. It worked very well. If you want a deal on a limcat let me know.

CR Speed.  I shoot one holster for a sinlge stack, P16, G35 and Open STI.  Little adjustment and it fits them all great.

texasag93,

I have a CR set up for a P16. I think that this CR is designed to work with 1911 round trigger guards and the S_I guns. I just assumed that since CR sells another model for Glocks, the CR that I have wouldn't work with them. Which CR do you have and what adjustments are necessary to run the three different types of guns ??

I don't have a glock, but if I can get it to fit my current CR rig without to much trouble (read: not having to buy a new CR, belt, magpouches) it makes buying one look that much better.

I've had the glock 35 recommended to my be others. Whats your opinion of it... :)

thanks,

tyro

As for what model my CR Speed is, I am not sure. It just says CR Speed and Pat. # 5467909. I bought it used from a friend. It is at least 5 yrs. old. I have to change out the spacers for the trigger guard to get it to work for each gun. The Glock is the widest of them all. Any idea which model I have guys??? Once I get the right spacing for trigger guard I adjust the Arrendondo peg up to proper length for the particular gun and ready to go. As for the G35, I like it. I don't shoot near as well with it as the Open gun or my other two 1911 style limited guns. I haven't had it long. Practice will help that. I would recommend it over the G22 for a Limited gun. Longer site radius helps. I traded a G22 for it for next to nothing. It has run flawlessly. I plan on shooting it much more next year now that I have plenty of mags for it. TXAG