Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have you noticed a decline in participation?

Cy Soto

There Is no way the current legislation won't have a negative impact those days. Here in the south it'll be as busy. Might be moreso with the renewed fascination with guns.

But the gun-control states like Connecticut, Maryland, New York, and Colorado are going to have a crisis in my opinion. Its going to be harder to be shooting open or limited without running afoul of the current laws.

After a looooong winter (oh, and another blizzard on its way which could dump nearly a foot of snow between tonight and tomorrow) I finally went to a match. The weather yesterday was fantastic with a high of low 70's and a mild breeze. Even with this gorgeous weather we only had 77 shooters (where I am certain that we would have had over 90 if we did not have an ammo shortage).

Many shooters who reload were saying that they were having trouble finding primers and projectiles. We also had very few new or non-reloading shooters.

I think this is going to be a short shooting season for many here in Colorado...

99 shooters this past sunday at Richmond Kalif and 85 three weeks ago at Sac Valley. Seeing a lot of newer shooters too. Maybe the new ones have just become tired of the static ranges around here?

Al

Here in Kansas we had above average shooter count at the Jan and Feb USPSA matches but I think the ammo crunch will affect the rim fire steel matches that they have weekly until the hoarders let some ammo sit back on the shelves and the price's come back to normal.

After a looooong winter (oh, and another blizzard on its way which could dump nearly a foot of snow between tonight and tomorrow) I finally went to a match. The weather yesterday was fantastic with a high of low 70's and a mild breeze. Even with this gorgeous weather we only had 77 shooters (where I am certain that we would have had over 90 if we did not have an ammo shortage).

Many shooters who reload were saying that they were having trouble finding primers and projectiles. We also had very few new or non-reloading shooters.

I think this is going to be a short shooting season for many here in Colorado...

I have enough ammo loaded up right now for about 2 Limited matches and 2 Production matches. Luckily I got in on a bulk bullet order. Doing OK on primers but could use some Clays for a minor load. I have some other powder I could use but I would rather try to source some Clays.

I don't think anyone in my squad was using factory ammo from what I could tell from brassing.

Edited by d_striker

There were two gentlemen in my squad who were shooting factory ammo. I think they are friends as they were both reloading from the same bag.

I saw a couple of one pounders of Clays on the shelve at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of days ago. They they also had 2 one ponders of N320 (my buddy picked one of those up). If you are in the Thornton area also check Gander. They usually keep a small stash of powder behind their gun counter (out of immediate sight) and they sometimes have Clays.

There were two gentlemen in my squad who were shooting factory ammo. I think they are friends as they were both reloading from the same bag.

I saw a couple of one pounders of Clays on the shelve at Sportsman's Warehouse a couple of days ago. They they also had 2 one ponders of N320 (my buddy picked one of those up). If you are in the Thornton area also check Gander. They usually keep a small stash of powder behind their gun counter (out of immediate sight) and they sometimes have Clays.

Thanks for the tip. I picked up a pound of n320 at the COS SW as that was all they had. I figured I could trade it off or use it if I can't find any Clays.

I would really be bummed if I had to rely on shooting factory ammo at matches. I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot if I had to pay these panic prices.

Edited by d_striker