Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow Target

Keepkool

Call Matt Mink/Automatic Accuracy and have him build you one. Mine was done in 3 weeks. The CZ design is accurate in itself - the bushing is fancy - but for uspsa it's kind of unneccessary IMO. I left my glock 34 for an SP01 that I built with Cajun Guns Works. I can't speak enough about Dave and his quality parts and service. Both are great options but honestly just have Matt build one and be done.

+2 Shadow Custom Target from CZ Custom. Used to shoot both Glock and S&W Pro. Wouldn't trade my SP-01 for any of them. After approx 5,000 rounds, not a single hiccup.

It's a great gun! Coming from a glock it takes a little getting used to the first rnd DA trigger, but after familiarizing its hardly noticeable. The SA trigger pull blows away any glock trigger IMO.

Thanks for the input , the da trigger is what im worried about. Its a bit of a gamble if i dont like it

doesn't seem like much of a gamble to me. I have heard of a few people who can't get used to the d/a first pull, but match results show that lots and lots of people don't have any problem, or are just willing to practice a little.

I find that on close-up shots (5-7 yards) my first shot is faster DA, compared to cocked and locked. At 10-15 yards it's about the same, and for longer shots DA is a tenth or 2 slower. So for steel challenge i start in DA mode even tho i can choose.

I have shot Glocks almost exclusively for well over a decade. I had tried M&P's, 1911's and I couldn't get away from the Glock. I bought a Shadow Target a couple months ago after reading so many good reviews. I was worried about the double action too but it is really becoming a non-issue. It is so light and smooth that I hardly notice and I have only put about 800 rounds through it so far. With the CGW springs the DA pull is less than 5 pounds and the SA under 3 pounds and better than any Glock trigger I have shot. Plus the extra weight makes it shoot incredibly flat.

Message back from Matt is that is has a sp-01 in stock , just not a shadow target . The price difference between the two might outway the cost of upgrades . Can anyone tell me the benefits of searching for a shadow target or just jump into a standard cz75 sp-01 with upgrades

If you plan on shooting Production with it I suggest the Shadow. They don't have a firing pin block, so shorter reset. The firing pin block has to be in place, and functioning on the regular SP01 to be legal for Production.

I also don't think the SRTS from CZ Custom will work with a firing pin safety and I like that system way too much to give it up.

i agree, get the Shadow, you won't regret it, i just switched from a Glock to the 75 Shadow and my times have gone down and my accuracy has gone up, for me the heavier weight plus incredible trigger plus better ergonomics (for me anyway) plus the lower bore axis all added up to nothing but good, if you can't find the SP-01 Shadow you might want to consider the 75 Shadow - it is a tad lighter due to the shortened dust cover (some say this is good, others say it's bad - boils down to personal preference) but in exchange you get a gun that you can also shoot in IDPA, you can set up the SP-01 for IDPA but it takes a bit of work to reduce the weight to a legal level and in the process give up a few of the advantages that come with the Shadow (this is according to CZCustom when i bought my 75 Shadow from them), i had the choice between both and don't regret my decision one bit

best of luck finding what you want

Thanks for the input , the da trigger is what im worried about. Its a bit of a gamble if i dont like it

I just finished with the first "going through" of my Shadow. I've got some more polishing to do, but my DA trigger pull is a buttery smooth 6.58 average over five measured pulls. I'm not sure what your glock was, but it couldn't be as nice as this. I predict that I can get it under 6 pounds if I try hard enough. I too use CGW parts in my guns and can't say enough about Dave and the help he has provided me through the process, not to mention the quality of his parts!

My SA pull is 3.01 over a five pull average. I think I can drop the easily below 3# if I decide I want to.

Shadows are IT!