Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No 9mm ammo available yet

Just thought id add my 2 cent experience on this subject as it recently played out for me - So I just about lost my S*** last night after cashing out at my local indoor range...I went to do some Group shooting - had about 55-60 rounds 9mm already in the bag and got 100 rounds of 9mm "range re-loads" from the guys at the desk. Had a VERY productive session (with a semi-breakthrough during practice at 15 and 25 yds :) ) only to be totally broad-sided by my $70 "bill" i had apparently accumulated by purchasing 100 9mm reloads and using a lane for 1.5 hours (price for 1 lane is $16.00 for as long as you want) Does it seem crazy to anyone else that i just paid $50 for 100 rounds of 9mm 115g FMJ re-loads?...I felt like i had been kicked in the nuts when the guy handed me my slip! less than a year ago at the same range it was $12 for a bag of 50 9mm reloads, then earlier this year it jumped up to $16 - and now - today - they are charging $25 for a bag of 50 9mm range re-loads. It almost seems "criminal" - for a while they were selling 500 rounds of 9mm re-loads for about $160 which i could tolerate- but after asking the clerk yesterday he said they are now "breaking up" the 500 round ammo cans and bagging them in 50 Qty's and selling them for $25 a pop - "criminals" !!

-END RANT :mellow: thanks for listening!

Just thought id add my 2 cent experience on this subject as it recently played out for me - So I just about lost my S*** last night after cashing out at my local indoor range...I went to do some Group shooting - had about 55-60 rounds 9mm already in the bag and got 100 rounds of 9mm "range re-loads" from the guys at the desk. Had a VERY productive session (with a semi-breakthrough during practice at 15 and 25 yds :) ) only to be totally broad-sided by my $70 "bill" i had apparently accumulated by purchasing 100 9mm reloads and using a lane for 1.5 hours (price for 1 lane is $16.00 for as long as you want) Does it seem crazy to anyone else that i just paid $50 for 100 rounds of 9mm 115g FMJ re-loads?...I felt like i had been kicked in the nuts when the guy handed me my slip! less than a year ago at the same range it was $12 for a bag of 50 9mm reloads, then earlier this year it jumped up to $16 - and now - today - they are charging $25 for a bag of 50 9mm range re-loads. It almost seems "criminal" - for a while they were selling 500 rounds of 9mm re-loads for about $160 which i could tolerate- but after asking the clerk yesterday he said they are now "breaking up" the 500 round ammo cans and bagging them in 50 Qty's and selling them for $25 a pop - "criminals" !!

-END RANT :mellow: thanks for listening!

50 cents a rd isn't crazy in todays environment at all

Before you bought those rounds when was the last time you bought 9mm ammo?

however, I do feel your pain :(

Edited by Garyg19

Yeah but $.50 per round of re-loads - that is what seems crazy to me, but i digress... I will do whatever it takes to keep practicing/progressing and it sounds like its going to take me getting a second job to pay for it!! haha! - But yeah i had previously bought a 500round 9mm ammo can from them for $150 + tax about 3 weeks prior to yesterdays trip to the range. Also worth mentioning is all the light primer strikes im getting from this particular ammo. I have used it in 3 different pistols (CZ, XD9, and XDM 5.25) and am getting at least 2-3 light strikes per 50 rounds regardless of what pistol im using...

Well guy's I think we all feel the same pain. Here in Dallas we have stores selling ammo for double or triple. And our biggest offender is Cheaper Then Dirt. If dirt makes the profit these guys are trying to get I need to sell dirt.

Last week, they got in some Federal Auto Match 22LR 325 rd per box. They got several 5K cases in.

What they did was break that all down, put 100 rds in a plastic bag and sell it for 19.00

All of they guys I shoot with will find a clod day in Hell before we buy from them.

I am some what lucky. Got Brass, Got Primers, Got bullets, got no powder.

WTF

You should all blame the State Government where you live for this problem, here in MN the two Senators we have don't vote the way the majority of the people tell them. They just go on with Obama's bull-----

You shouldn't be offended by a company making money, those companies didn't make any of this happen, OUR Government it doing it to all of us.

I hope you all are active in your own State so we might all stop this tyranny from going any farther.

Bunsen, I didn't know you people could own guns any more----soon you may have the guns but the ammo will be tax 100 percent, than what?

My heart goes out to the 2nd amendment patriots there in CA!