Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No 9mm ammo available yet

My new concern as a USPSA shooter and reloader is that there is no 9mm ammo available in my area for the NON reloader new shooter to compete with. That means no once fired brass to pick up after the match! :( I hope they planned ahead!

Edited by Red Ryder

No INTENT to PEE on anyones PICNIC !

But it seems that old shooters members are having the same damnnnn problem.

OPINION, Greedy Bas & Scammmmers are pulling stuff off shelfs and selling a lil at a time for double the price.

Never fear, we have the best "Goverment Money Will Buy" to straighten this out for us, Yeah Right.

Opiniated Ole Man,

Perry

OH! _ One wonderful dealer here in selling $1000 AR-15s for $2150 & 5-box of slugs for $12.

Edited by perrysho

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a reloader (with no 9mm bullets at the moment). But I'll be da**ed if I'm going to pay $20-$25 for a box of 9mm FMJ, as I've seen and read. I have plenty of .38 Special components right now, and wheelies rock. Patience, everyone.

Chuck

New shooter here. I was in a local large store yesterday. I have been searching for 9mm for several weeks. Walk up to the counter and go figure no 9mm only 2 boxes of 45. Several people were at the counter looking and I walked off. Next thing you know a guy stops me before I make it to the door. He tells me " I have some 9mm if you are interested'. I ask how much and of course its triple the price. I act interested and strike up conversation with this guy. Come to find out he is apart of a group of people that are going around to all local places that stock ammo and are buying it up to flip it on Armslist for triple the price. They have all the schedules of truck deliveries so they are there waiting several hours for the trucks to be unloaded. Now most stores have put a limit of three boxes per customer so of course they work in packs so you get the picture. So how does one compete with that? I am not going to pay triple the price for ammo and I certainly do not have the time ( I work ) to drive around town looking.

I've been waiting myself for my order of .40 bullets to come in. It'll be a month wait tomorrow and I still can't find primers. A lot of stores have even stopped taking back orders. I want to shoot but think I only have enough for about four total matches!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ammo is always available, it up to you if wish to pay the price. Some people wish to be charitable with their ammo, some do not.

If the price of available ammo is too high for your liking , keep looking, don't shoot, or wait it out, are the likely options.

you don't need ammo to live.