Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibra Prime is here.

http://www.natchezss...12&src=exrbSrch

Found that link via cast boolits and managed to get one ordered a few hours ago.

Get em while they are hot, before the cheese melts.

Edit, er, wait that did not make sense.. before the cheese congeals .

wait for it... wait for it... NOW out of stock! :cheers:

Edited by Rob Tompkins

Darn:

FRANKFORD ARSENAL VIBRA PRIME

Product Number: PH855712 Item Price: $49.99 Availability: Currently Out of Stock, click the alert icon emailNotice.gif to be notified when product is available. Shipping Weight: 0.98 lb.

Hey, for those desparing there is great cost effective ways around the current great Vibra-Prime shortage of 2013:

All ya need is one sex toy (battery operated) from your woman's purse (battery powered) and the Lee hand primer kit or get out the power equipment

and do that last bit on the fly:

Interesting design:

Version 1.0 (IMO it appears to be better performing than 2.0 he came up with later!)

Warning, removing that toy from a purse could be hazardous. Might be safer to order on Amazon.

Lots of creative designs on youtube. Search 'homemade primer tube filler'

LOL, Adam and Eve .com are always advertising their get one item at half price deals on TV. This might be a good use for that. Plus they supposedly give you a free gift! Maybe add something a little special for the wife too.

Having never seen one of these in person I wasn't sure what to expect. I was under the assumption that I'd use this to load the primer tubes I ordered with my press, and it doesn't look like that's how they intend it to be used, rather to load directly to the press. That said I think a minor modification to their tube will make it easy to quickly and easily swap the dillon tubes out. Haven't had a chance to run anything through it since work frowns on keeping primers in my desk.

post-41384-0-99292300-1362595814_thumb.jpost-41384-0-17099800-1362595825_thumb.jpost-41384-0-41845600-1362595836_thumb.j

One thing I noticed, the instructions say to rotate the primer tube clockwise, which is true if you are looking down from above the tool. If you flipped the thing upside down so you could see the hole you want to reverse that...

Edited by zanthor

First thing I noticed was that the Large hole was NOT big enough! Remington LPP would not pass through it, period. Grabbed a round file and touched up the edges, nothing noticeable but it made the difference between function and not. The proprietary primer tubes, with only one included and no source for more seemed to be a bottle neck to me. Sure I could load their tube, connect it to the dillon tube and then drop the primers, but that seemed extraneous.

Enter the hack saw and warranty voiding move... chopped the tube off, connect the dillon tube to it with the included rubber hose, and viola!

post-41384-0-15185400-1362618841_thumb.jpost-41384-0-76730000-1362618853_thumb.j

Zanthor it is easier to just take the Dillon tubes and remove the pick-up end and hold them in the Vibra Prime to load them. I have one of the older units and that is what I do. No need to damage the existing tubes at all.

Brian

Zanthor it is easier to just take the Dillon tubes and remove the pick-up end and hold them in the Vibra Prime to load them. I have one of the older units and that is what I do. No need to damage the existing tubes at all.

Brian

Tried that and the tube is very hard to get lined up. There is a lot of slop with the new unit due to the plastic flange. Does the old one have the same flange?

My 57 year old fumble fingers and eyes like Zanthors solution. Besides, I get to tear something up in the process. I like that. Plus I have tubing just laying around crying out for a use.

I'm warming up my hack saw now.

Just have to wait till Natcho's delivers that vibrator.

I hope the postal lady doesn't get ideas and steals it.

SCCOOORRREEEDDD!! Mine came in Saturday. When I ordered I thought I was on the backorder list and then it showed up. If it showed up my mistake, remember possession is 9/10's of the law. It really does make a difference.

Brian

Tried this, definitely better than using their adapter!