Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying ammo

Jensey

The last bulk purchase I made was from luckygunner.com you have to check their site regularly as they only post what they have in stock, when they do have 1000 round 9MM deals in stock the price has gone up about $400 from the last order I received from them a couple of months ago. Good luck hopefully things will go back to normal soon.

I tried Freedom Munitions. Everything said out of stock. :-(

Jen, over the past 3 1/2 weeks various people have recommended a

total of eleven (11) places to search for ammo.

Have you checked any of them besides Freedom?

Yes, I have looked into all the suggestions, they were great resources! I ordered and received 1000 rounds from Doug at DC Ammo. Atlanta Arms and Ammo isn't taking any new customers. Lots of the resources said out of stock. I have looked into them all and refer back to this thread often! Thanks for all the suggestions!!

Doug is nice but has unfortunately raised his price to 40cents a round for lead. He doesnt have any other bullets in stock. Make sure to check ammoseek.com on a regular basis. They update all the time and it shows you price per round as well. I was just able to snag some bulk 40 using ammoseek.com......wish they had that kind of site for finding dies :D because I need 40 dies bad and dont wanna pay $100

Edited by 2011WRBSTI

Yes, prices have gone up, and we are loading 7 days a week to keep up with demand..... :sick:

When the commercial loaders can't get bullets or powder that is a sign, folks.

There is no powder to buy, and that did not happen in 2008. :ph34r:

I hope everyone has what they need for the year because it is going to get worse before it gets any better.....

This is not designed to drum up business, just a warning for everyone.....

It is going to be a bumpy year........

DougC

Edited by DougCarden

Purchased a carton of UMC 223, 200 rounds at Pro Bass at $.50 a round plus tax week ago then a little 22LR the other day, limited quanty and sold out in a little over an hour. Stand in line to get in then again in the store. Looked like shopping in Russia. Pro Bass allowed each customer one 375 pack of CCI. Once everyone was served another line formed to get Winchester 100 packs of 22, they allowed two boxes.

They had 45acp and 40s&w no nine. Saw a smaller shop stocking right out of a Wal Mart bag at twice the price.

I'm glad I have loaders and supply's to run a little over a year. 2008 election taught me that. At 67 I've never seen it this bad.

Sat Mar 30 2013

Just returned from a 30 mile trip to buy Sm Rifle Primers & CFE223 powder, 8K & 4 Lb.

Thoughts, three large volume dealers 75 mile radius has nothing to sell, but a small 2 employee shop has ample supply. Prices good.

When the big dealers have mdse they are greedy BAS___DS. Something don't smell right.

Tell me what I don't understand.

Perry

Perry,

Another commercial loader just got in 1000 pounds of powder in from St. Marks. He reordered the same powder and was told that it will be 6-9 months. This is a high volume loader that is a regular customer and he will run out in two months servicing the customers that he has.

There are no other sources available that have powder unless some one has it in a connex and is gonna start scalping it now.....

This is new territory.....

DougC

Doug, I was looking at your website, I am not familar with LFP and CMJ, what do they stand for ? Also I am in need of some 147 grain 9mm, your site does not say if it is in stock or not. thanks

I tried Freedom Munitions. Everything said out of stock. :-(

Jen, over the past 3 1/2 weeks various people have recommended a

total of eleven (11) places to search for ammo.

Have you checked any of them besides Freedom?

Yes, I have looked into all the suggestions, they were great resources! I ordered and received 1000 rounds from Doug at DC Ammo. Atlanta Arms and Ammo isn't taking any new customers. Lots of the resources said out of stock. I have looked into them all and refer back to this thread often! Thanks for all the suggestions!!

gunbot.net is the best place to find good deals on ammo at pre-panic prices but it takes a lot of perserverance. When you're at the computer, have a tab open and check it ever 10 minutes or so. If you do this over a few days you'll find some good deals.

It helps to also register accounts on many of the popular websites and have your credit card info handy - stopping to make an account or running to another room for a credit card can make the difference between getting an order and ammo selling out.