Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying ammo

Jensey

Ok, for those of us shooting infants that are not yet reloading (although I am saving brass and considering it, I just need time to educate myself), any advice on obtaining ammo in bulk? I am about tired of riding all over town looking for 9mm ammo only to come home with 50 rounds!! And the range I shoot at will only sell one box there. If I pay for a lane, I want to shoot more than 50 rounds. Is there anywhere to order in bulk???

You can buy with confidence from Doug at DC Ammo. Although I only buy 45 from him, I'm sure his 9mm is equally as good.

Although they do not have a dealer forum here, Atlanta Arms & Ammo is another vendor who has always delivered quality ammo for me. I shoot their 40S&W long and they have a full catalog of 9mm.

As with any non-locally purchased ammo, it's the shipping that kills you. I too will be reloading in the near future.

Another source that I use is Scott Caylor at Good to Go Ammo. He is a little backed up right now as everyone is, but the backlog is reasonable. They are cranking out rounds as fast as they can.

**ETA: I Just checked the website, 9mm is expected to ship mid June now. When I was on there earlier this week it was mid April.

Edited by Bunchies95

I'm in the same situation as some others are. I just started action shooting and I'm not reloading so I'm on the beach until I can get ammo to start shooting in matches. I've got everything I need. Glock 34 Gen 4, proper belt and mag pouches, lots of extras like a decent range bag, nifty tactical pants and Florida friendly shirts (turns out it gets hot here, who knew?)...but no actual ammo. :(

My local excellent reloaded ammo source has run into supply chain issues so my 9mm order from them is delayed until next month at the earliest, I think.

Since things are nuts right now, I have hedged my 9mm bets with some out-of-state sources. I have a couple thousand rounds on order from Red River Ammo and it doesn't look like they are taking new orders. They've been very responsive to emails that I have sent during the order process, but I haven't purchased from them before so I can't comment on the end product yet.

I also have another thousand rounds on order with Precision Delta Ammo (like I said, I'm really hedging my bets because I'm chomping at the bit to start competing) and that order process went smoothly. Like the Red River folks, I can't comment on the ammo quality because this is my first order with them. They are still taking orders, but they have the warnings you've come to expect these days about their backlog situation and they don't seem to be promising any sort of delivery date on their website which is wise.

I've also noticed that some producers are taking orders, but are quoting prices much higher than on their websites when I have contacted them. That's just fine with me. I'm hearing a lot of miseducated talk about "gouging" when it's really just a function of the market. High demand means high prices. Higher prices send a signal to the market to produce more. Artificially low prices result in scarcity so higher prices have a valuable function in wackiness like this because they help get things back to normal sooner.

The problem with rolling yr own ,right now, is components. I have found primers on auction type sites and bullets here & there ,but expect to pay double what it normally would cost. There has been brass on this site ,but so far I always find out too Late! Ialso have picked up ammo by getting on "alert" lists at several sites.

Freedom Munitions is another good source. They havebeen posting what could be ordered on a daily basis recently, due to the madness. I have bought seveal thousand rounds of ammo from them and not ever hd a problem. They also sponsor the shooting sports. Good luck.

Hurley