Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell for Trojan 5.0

theogre

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Fusion chainlink mainspring housing, magwell combo as it matched the chainlink on the front of the gun. It may lack a little on the Ice magwell (which I think has cost me a few seconds in a match) but for IDPA might work well. I never actually carry the gun but I thought that might make it more useful too. Here is a pic.

4cf7237692025preview-300.jpg

I just got a new Trojan from Shooters Connection and went with the Ed Brown Mainspring housing and magwell. The housing is the chainlink and is identical to the STI front strap. The magwell adds very little to the width of the gun, but is still effective in facilitating fast reloads. Even with this magwell in place, the gun could easily be carried concealed.

Edited by mjl

I just got a new Trojan from Shooters Connection and went with the Ed Brown Mainspring housing and magwell. The housing is the chainlink and is identical to the STI front strap. The magwell adds very little to the width of the gun, but is still effective in facilitating fast reloads. Even with this magwell in place, the gun could easilyt be carried concealed.

+1 on the Ed Brown. I matches perfectly

I have 3 STI single stack guns. I have used both a larger DP ICE mag well with the DP Tripp base pads. I also have a slimmer Smith Alexander Magwell on my Trojan I like a lot with Tripp Magazines and base pads. I only use Tripp Mags ... He understands STI's (of course)

• 4 months later...

I know that this is an old thread but I finally got my gun and put the techwell on. I love the techwell, the grips are kinda hard to get off, but the magwell works great, I am running it with the Wilson EMT mags.

I also put a Smith and alexadria (sp?) on my Duty one and it installed easy and works great!

Thanks for all the ideas

Edited by theogre

• 2 weeks later...

My duty one does qualify for IDPA.

The Trojan is a 45ACP I have not checked.

Every "major" match I have shot I have been checked. We are shooting the classifier at our local club this weekend so I will weight it them, and will post an update next week.

My duty one does qualify for IDPA.

The Trojan is a 45ACP I have not checked.

Every "major" match I have shot I have been checked. We are shooting the classifier at our local club this weekend so I will weight it them, and will post an update next week.

The .45's usually make weight. The 9mm's have trouble. I had to run an aluminum guide rod.